Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

10-08-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
Seriously?
Wow, you really spent a lot of time on that.

That's...sad.

I'm sorry, I hit like 6 different things that demonstrated 6 different complete misunderstandings of the issue while reading...that thing you posted. And I simply do not have the energy to go through and explain all of that. Pick just one or two things to be wrong about in your next post please.

I spent 5 minutes writing it and you can't even respond while saying its wrong?

Cute. How about you go back to bra burning and calling all men pigs, so you can set feminism back even further.

Emailsúpport

10-08-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
Seriously?

Have you ever worn plate armor? It's not skintight. There's plenty of room for 95% of women's breasts in there.

Chain and scale are flexible, obviously. That stuff just drapes. No reason body type would be a big issue.

Men and women's bodies are really very similar. It's the portrayals of their bodies in media (like LoL) that exaggerates the differences.

Wow, you really spent a lot of time on that.

That's...sad.

I'm sorry, I hit like 6 different things that demonstrated 6 different complete misunderstandings of the issue while reading...that thing you posted. And I simply do not have the energy to go through and explain all of that. Pick just one or two things to be wrong about in your next post please.

Why are you so rude in your argumentation? I know for a fact that if women participated in war back in time, their suits would look way different than the male ones.
It's really sad that you feminists keep changing subject... At first it was that the females body types are too similar, then it changed that all the females are posing and that's why they are sexualized even though they do not wear skimpy outfits, now suddenly, the tables turned and it's the lack of male armor on female bodies that is the real problem here.
To be honest, I want variety in everything, I wouldn't mind a beach Garen skin but I would absolutely not accept that every single female released is full covered in armor. Akali is a ninja, her suit actually looks like a japanese ninja suit, I have no idea why the sideboob is so annoying to you though.

Gespens

10-08-2012

Quote:
Emailsúpport:
Why are you so rude in your argumentation? I know for a fact that if women participated in war back in time, their suits would look way different than the male ones.
It's really sad that you feminists keep changing subject... At first it was that the females body types are too similar, then it changed that all the females are posing and that's why they are sexualized even though they do not wear skimpy outfits, now suddenly, the tables turned and it's the lack of male armor on female bodies that is the real problem here.
To be honest, I want variety in everything, I wouldn't mind a beach Garen skin but I would absolutely not accept that every single female released is full covered in armor. Akali is a ninja, her suit actually looks like a japanese ninja suit, I have no idea why the sideboob is so annoying to you though.

HOLD IT!

The common 'all black' ninja design came from the art of Kabuki. in kabuki, stage hands would wear all black and the audience wa meant to ignore them. However, one play wanted to incorporate ninja into it, so they said 'HAVE STAGE HAND DO SOMETHING' so they did which shocked people. Ever since, the all black ninja is their icon.

If you want to get really technical, the ninja in early Naruto looked more like actual ninja, because they looked like normal citizens if you removed their head bands. (God I feel dirty after saying that). A ninja must blend in, hide a tree in a forest and all that.

The sideboob is a bit odd however on Akali. Unless sideboob is a fashion trend in Ionia, it feels odd. In addition, even if she were trying to blend in with the League, She is showing the wrong part. Cleavage if you wanna blend in.

Emailsúpport

10-08-2012

Quote:
Gespens:
HOLD IT!

The common 'all black' ninja design came from the art of Kabuki. in kabuki, stage hands would wear all black and the audience wa meant to ignore them. However, one play wanted to incorporate ninja into it, so they said 'HAVE STAGE HAND DO SOMETHING' so they did which shocked people. Ever since, the all black ninja is their icon.

If you want to get really technical, the ninja in early Naruto looked more like actual ninja, because they looked like normal citizens if you removed their head bands. (God I feel dirty after saying that). A ninja must blend in, hide a tree in a forest and all that.

The sideboob is a bit odd however on Akali. Unless sideboob is a fashion trend in Ionia, it feels odd. In addition, even if she were trying to blend in with the League, She is showing the wrong part. Cleavage if you wanna blend in.

I think the point of her suit is to make it easy to move.

Gespens

10-08-2012

I know, I just like giving useless bits of knowledge.

Also, to be fair to lolfeminists, without a bra, larger breasts would be flopping around causing nip slips and the like... though Akali doesn't seem to be terribly well endowed, despite what people say.

Emailsúpport

10-08-2012

Quote:
Gespens:
I know, I just like giving useless bits of knowledge.

Also, to be fair to lolfeminists, without a bra, larger breasts would be flopping around causing nip slips and the like... though Akali doesn't seem to be terribly well endowed, despite what people say.

That all champions would have double D's is a lie, some of them do, but most of them just have push up.

Gespens

10-08-2012

Quote:
Emailsúpport:
That all champions would have double D's is a lie, some of them do, but most of them just have push up.

No one else actually acknowledges this. MF wears a corset, Sona likely does as well and bras do tend to make breasts look bigger than they actually are.

May I call you brother/sisteR?

Uppity007

Recruiter

10-08-2012

Riot's a business, and all businesses know that *** sells, This is why they put the girls in "revealing" clothing, because it's more likely to sell. I mean the only reason I purchased battle bunny riven was because it's SO DAMN SEXY

PallasAthens

10-08-2012

Quote:
Oberic:
Just curious, is Gem... outrageous?

I hope he doesn't mean the same Gem who didn't provide tourney codes to the winners in that one small tourney. That GEM.

Gespens

10-08-2012

Quote:
Uppity007:
Riot's a business, and all businesses know that *** sells, This is why they put the girls in "revealing" clothing, because it's more likely to sell. I mean the only reason I purchased battle bunny riven was because it's SO DAMN SEXY

I guess you never heard of the Gothic Lolita fashion trend.