@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
I'm gonna point out a problem with those pictures.


The middle one is fine. The 1st and 3rd one can't even be identified as women...
Did you only look at the thumbnail of 3rd one? I can see your point on the first one, but the third one is clearly female.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LitePollution

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I'm not sure if you've ever read Akira (Notice I say read because the comic/manga is completely different than the movie!) but I have to say that one of the most badass female characters that is completely non-sexualized is in it and it's definitely worth looking into! I'll post a link to certain parts of the comic but the character I'm referring to is Chiyoko. Really a very very different type of female character and still very badass if you read the comic!

http://www.mangareader.net/101-2007-...chapter-4.html
http://www.mangareader.net/101-2007-...chapter-4.html
http://www.mangareader.net/101-2006-...chapter-3.html

Really though great read! Not at all what I expected!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opreich

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
whats your name?
Same as here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opreich View Post
Same as here.
sent


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat Asian Gurl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
Did you only look at the thumbnail of 3rd one? I can see your point on the first one, but the third one is clearly female.
Agree. Thumbnail of third one is misleading, but definitely looks female once you open it.

They would all be fine, imo. I mean, Kayle's armor looks almost completely feminine but practical save maybe the abdominal area... so anything like that is fine, I would think.

EDIT: I forgot the goal wasn't gender-neutrality but to be feminine and not sexualized. >_> The wonders that being tired does to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Fiora, Sivir, Tristana, Sejuani, and Annie all have short hair, just to state it, and Fiora resembles short hair Diana a good bit besides the hair color.
Fiora I consider borderline, I love her visual design though. Sivir is beyond shoulder length, not close to short. Tristana would count (and is another one of my favorite champions from visual design perspective); I was thinking of her but probably didn't mention her because of how the focus of this thread has been more on the adult human females (hence why Annie was also left out).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitePollution View Post
I'm not sure if you've ever read Akira (Notice I say read because the comic/manga is completely different than the movie!) but I have to say that one of the most badass female characters that is completely non-sexualized is in it and it's definitely worth looking into! I'll post a link to certain parts of the comic but the character I'm referring to is Chiyoko. Really a very very different type of female character and still very badass if you read the comic!

http://www.mangareader.net/101-2007-...chapter-4.html
http://www.mangareader.net/101-2007-...chapter-4.html
http://www.mangareader.net/101-2006-...chapter-3.html

Really though great read! Not at all what I expected!
Lets combine bad ass, short hair, armor, female & even darker skin tone and get Casca.

Attachment 538078


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MikuMelody

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
1) Workin' on it.

2) Glasses? I agree with the Roosevelt thing.

3) The Bravo Ray has you covered, as does one of our newest concept artists, Gem.
An Arachne-inspired Champ being worked on? c:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute 42

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Dearest Esteemed Sir Parrot,

Hear our humble plea for cute champions!

Up with the Teemos, the Volibears (pretty cute for a bloodthirsty armored bear), the Rammi, the Lulus, the Fizzes, the Tibberses (cutest thing in League), the Mundos, and the Kog Maws (love the puppy-like animation)!

Our battlecry will be "Squee!!!" and our enemies will be too distracted by our large eyes and innocent faces to notice that their Nexus is already crumbling. We will trample our foes with our cute paws and bootsies and deafen their ears with the high-pitched sounds of our voices combined as one. We will take the League by storm, leaving a trembling wake of "Awwww"s and getting whatever we want, because who would dare refuse this smile or this adorable dance? We care not for *** and we care not for strippers. We are not sexy, and we damn well like it that way, because even in the battlecrazed League there is ample place for champions like us. We are a rising tide. We are the cute! Long live King Tibbers!

Your faithful servant,
Absolute 42


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xesante

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Although I can't fully grasp where you're coming from because I've never cared about sexuality, to me it seems like "If they aren't dressed like someone would be dressed today, or a 'woman warrior' (an interesting concept, given our little knowledge of how exactly one such woman would dress as usually if they were 'warriors' it was because they did so dressed as men)

Anyway, I think whenever people talk about this it's pretty exaggerated. Honestly, who would play a female gragas (besides the same people that play gragas because he looks 'odd'.