@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
55 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
she's a skank bucket
come at me bro, how mad are you right now
HEY!

Take it down a notch =P

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
HEY!

Take it down a notch =P
AWww.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
56 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
AWww.
It's ok, in turn you can call me a skank-bucket.

DJ Shyvana

10-07-2012

I'm just sayin, Ironscale Shyvana is flippin smexy. That just got out of bed, tossled hair look gets me every time.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
but that doesn't wooorrrk

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
I'm pretty sure Iron has that picture saved in a folder already from when I made an armored women thread to serve as a source of inspiration for future champions. I immediately recognized posting that specific picture in said thread.

... at least of having it in my own collection
I'm gonna point out a problem with those pictures.

The middle one is fine. The 1st and 3rd one can't even be identified as women...

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Next champion confirmed: The Skank Bucket.

You heard it here first!

chumbler

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
I'm gonna point out a problem with those pictures.

The middle one is fine. The 1st and 3rd one can't even be identified as women...
It is not necessary for a female character to be identifiably female. They certainly can be, but they don't need to be.

Buddy Loves You

10-07-2012

IronStylus, now that guy is a man of the people. Time too review all the champs he helped design and buy them all.

Katie A Ratio

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
No. YOU view her as a 'skank-bucket'. Others may view her as a dominant and confident female who chooses to accentuate her presence by dressing the way she does. In point of fact, I'd imagine that the wardrobe of every single champion is designed by the artists to reflect some aspect of their personality that they're trying to convey to the gaming audience. And I can declare with complete authority that at no point has the aspect of the champions personality that the artist is trying to convey "Hai guyz, I'm a total *****! Tee hee."

If you or anybody else sees champions that way, that's saying something about how you view them and about your own world view. Don't impose that viewpoint on other people and blankly assume that it is the one that all must share.

IronStylus has already stated emphatically that Riot has NEVER designed skins with the idea of selling ***. Given how he has been more than willing to engage in a painfullly drawn out conversation where often he's simply repeating the same mea-culpa over and over and over again about Riot needing to be better at variety, perhaps you should believe him. Or not. Ultimately this thread isn't going to change anybody's mind on this issue. Essentially what's going on here is a giant reach-around where the desired outcome of Riot being made aware of the issue has already taken place and now everybody gets to show their 'social awareness' or whathaveyou and argue with each other and go to sleep feeling oh so enlightened because they have the one true line on the 'truth of the matter'.
You're not wrong in your closing paragraph.

I seriously agree with you.

That said, it's nice that the skyrocketing page numbers will provide us with an ample supply Iron Stylus quotes to look back on fondly a year from now, when we engage in the exact same thread, and not a damn thing has changed. Keep up the good work, GD, not for the momentary glow of your self-involved sense of enlightenment, but FOR THE FUTURE!