@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
DO NOT RESIST THE BRAIN TRUST, GIVE IN.

I do like your "You aren't tired of making rather degrading comments about women" post.

no where did I attack women, unless you count the divorce/child support joke, in which, that is a reality, I don't have to "degrade" anything, when in america, its practically an Epdemic.

this would be like "degrading" hitler for pointing out his jew hatred, its real.

I never even said anything about your Granny Champion crusade, nor did I comment on how pointless it is to FORCE them to make a champion that fits what you find necessary.

its Affirmitive action in progress, its the same as FORCING them to make a black champion, it just means he's put in the game to meet a quota someone set, its more racist than simply not making one at all.

just as its more sexist to make the Granny champion to quell your demands, than it is to ignore it and allow them to make and old-lady champion on their own terms.

I find the new wave of Feminism terrifying, so thats why I mock you, because you and your movement have evolved into a cancerious, hateful controlling force wasted on hair-splitting and nit-picking as women are being stoned to death in other countries.

you don't care about women, you care about what you can control, and what you can get changed out of spite, your just a hateful, incredibly passive aggressive person, just like all the other Radical Feminists I see, hiding behind passivity.

especially the line of "I don't want to take away the sexy champions"... PUHHLEEEZE.
Dude, if I ever meet you I'm buying you a beer. SOMEONE GETS IT!!!

Quiksilvur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I'm relatively neutral about this topic. I can see why some resist the OP's point, and I know that the OP and like-minded people have some very valid topics.

The only thing I really have to say is that "sexiness" is sometimes actually an inherent part of the character. Both Ahri and Miss Fortune have seduction and "sexiness" as a theme and motif. The same applies to Cassiopeia. I think for these characters, accentuating their attractiveness is thematically appropriate.

I don't have enough on an informed opinion to really comment on the rest.

SupahMonkiee

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Front Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for bubs
Back Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for ass
Side Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for figure.
How do you draw a non sexualized woman? D:
Front Pose = Here's How...Don't make her naked
Back Pose = Here's How...Don't make her naked
Side Pose = Here's How... Don't make her naked

Obviously they are not naked (with the exception of Zyra), but you get the point.

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomajRT View Post
Didn't you get the memo? I'm neither female, nor straight, nor am I a feminist (I prefer the term "egalitarian" thank you very much). I'd also be supremely happy if there were more hot dudes but that's aside from the point. So before you go on spouting nonsense about things of which you know nothing, try learning about them first. Thanks!
so he was just supposed to assume you were a gay dude? Come off it. The whole "you don't know me so you can't say **** about me" line is sooooo 2000 and late.

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
its Affirmitive action in progress, its the same as FORCING them to make a black champion, it just means he's put in the game to meet a quota someone set, its more racist than simply not making one at all.
False dichotomy: they should have naturally included a greater variety of skin tones and ethnic backgrounds in their lore to begin with.

In fact, every single argument you have made to this point is a false dichotomy between your position and the eeeeeeeeevil RadFem position out to destroy the world in the name of women. Doesn't leave a lot of room for reasonable people.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomajRT View Post
Didn't you get the memo? I'm neither female, nor straight, nor am I a feminist (I prefer the term "egalitarian" thank you very much). I'd also be supremely happy if there were more hot dudes but that's aside from the point. So before you go on spouting nonsense about things of which you know nothing, try learning about them first. Thanks!
that doesn't change anything about what I said, I could care less about women or men champions being made less or more sexy, this is such a minute point for me to be a waste of words.

I prefer women in full armor and such, this has nothing to do with my problem with OP and with the undertones and hidden meanings of this thread.

its about control, she wants to control the content of Riot, because her feelings say it to be true, I never thought i'd live to see feminism attacking artistic control, but the beast has grown so powerful and so corrupt it's pretty little head rears to attack anything it deems out of line.

Tormented Soil

10-07-2012

Been reading all the red posts in here and I have to say I am glad Riot are considering varying female champions a bit. I mean, even as a gay guy I would rather play a champion like Kayle over a female Urgot. There's no reason that a champion shouldn't be attractive or beautiful, we just don't need the majority of them to be... stripper-esque.

That, and we could do with some variance in how sexualised male champions are. Needs more Tryndamere/Varus/Rugged Garen to counter the squick I get whenever I see Gragas without a skin where he's more clothed.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
so he was just supposed to assume you were a gay dude? Come off it. The whole "you don't know me so you can't say **** about me" line is sooooo 2000 and late.
If he had read through this thread, he would know. I actually SAID I was in my first post in this thread. Try reading.

StunnedandSlayed

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahMonkiee View Post
Front Pose = Here's How...Don't make her naked
Back Pose = Here's How...Don't make her naked
Side Pose = Here's How... Don't make her naked

Obviously they are not naked (with the exception of Zyra), but you get the point.
Why would a plant wear clothes?

get dat birdman

10-07-2012

Quote:
that doesn't change anything about what I said, I could care less about women or men champions being made less or more sexy, this is such a minute point for me to be a waste of words.

I prefer women in full armor and such, this has nothing to do with my problem with OP and with the undertones and hidden meanings of this thread.

its about control, she wants to control the content of Riot, because her feelings say it to be true, I never thought i'd live to see feminism attacking artistic control, but the beast has grown so powerful and so corrupt it's pretty little head rears to attack anything it deems out of line.
I was more referring to the fact that you were going on about a problem with the OP, in a quote of MINE, that wasn't really in agreement with the OP. Basically, you were taking an out of context quote to bash on the OP, and had exactly zero provocation to do so. In other words, you didn't read the post you were quoting and responding to, and were taking the time to yell at the OP for a quote that wasn't even theirs. If you want to rag on OP, fine. But don't do it in a reply to someone that isn't OP.