@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uroboros

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
If you are tired of them, why did you bother posting? It's pretty easy just to move on to another thread. You aren't tired of making rather degrading comments about women. All I am asking for is more variety. Your sexy bombshell champions are not under attack. I don't want them to take any content out of the game. I just want them to think about offering something less bland when making future champions. Why does that bother you? Will it ruin your gaming experience if the next 3 or 4 women they launch don't give you a *****? You think you're tired, I'm even more tired of pointless resistance from people that can't even tell me why having a granny champion would be bad for the game.
I would enjoy playing a wrinkled old wise woman or something. It'd be different. Riven, Diana, Kayle and Leona are probably my favorite female designs, I enjoy the lack of overt sexualization, aside from the obvious skins.

herberteast

10-07-2012

Quote:
[...] I know of plenty of girls that do play

[...]If Riot seriously wants to attract more girls to their games, then I suggest they listen to what the few girls who do play League of Legends have to say.

I'm confused as to whether or not many girls play this game

MTaur

10-07-2012

I hurt the hell out of my back trying to do Lux's new splash art pose.

Attachment 537867

But everyone gets to see the curve of my glorious ass, so we're all happy. No lasers were fired that day, oddly enough.

Uroboros

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
I hurt the hell out of my back trying to do Lux's new splash art pose.

Attachment 537867

But everyone gets to see the curve of my glorious ass, so we're all happy. No lasers were fired that day, oddly enough.
Laser my eyes, plox.

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

Quote:
If you are tired of them, why did you bother posting? It's pretty easy just to move on to another thread. You aren't tired of making rather degrading comments about women. All I am asking for is more variety. Your sexy bombshell champions are not under attack. I don't want them to take any content out of the game. I just want them to think about offering something less bland when making future champions. Why does that bother you? Will it ruin your gaming experience if the next 3 or 4 women they launch don't give you a *****? You think you're tired, I'm even more tired of pointless resistance from people that can't even tell me why having a granny champion would be bad for the game.
it wouldn't be at all. it's just the fact that you're championing this inane, mismatched logic without taking into account the artists who create these champions.

tell ya what - you make your granny champ, create a viable kit, stat weights, animations, splash art, extra skins, ability animations, and lore, and I'll buy it day one.

What you've been saying is that the Riot character creators are misogynistic pigs who only think about bust size. While Miss Fortune seems to fit into your argument - some artist wanted to make a pirate/bounty hunter/seductress champ and she made the cut.

Zyra may be skanky as all hell in her splash art - but she looks like a superhero in a green costume in-game. Her lore even says that she used the memories of a sorceress she ate to make her human form - perhaps she referred to this sorceress' memories of "pretty girls" or something along those lines to create something that could adapt to human culture - kind of like the Terminator in T3 taking the form of Kristanna Loken to blend in.

The point is - you are arguing against creative license, and basically saying that future champs should fall into your idealized realm of "acceptable". And I say **** you, too bad, get over yourself, more power to the artists.

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Front Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for bubs
Back Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for ass
Side Pose = Oh Noes... Sexualized for figure.
How do you draw a non sexualized woman? D:
Are you serious? You're not ****ting me, are you?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Alyx_Vance.png
http://ryodita.deviantart.com/art/Astrid-251942878
http://dinmoney.deviantart.com/art/B...Monk-299759743
http://michalivan.deviantart.com/art...hard-330318305
http://mikeypetrov.deviantart.com/art/Magic-5-329582704
http://ironshod.deviantart.com/art/T...ssin-329102484
http://elsevilla.deviantart.com/art/Bar-Fight-322827615
http://anndr.deviantart.com/art/Captain-317072827
http://sakimichan.deviantart.com/art/Sato-317040134 (I have my own issues with the pose but it's still a good example)
http://jasonengle.deviantart.com/art...cker-310461369

There's plenty more where those came from.

Whiteglint3

10-07-2012

Quote:
DO NOT RESIST THE BRAIN TRUST, GIVE IN.

I do like your "You aren't tired of making rather degrading comments about women" post.

no where did I attack women, unless you count the divorce/child support joke, in which, that is a reality, I don't have to "degrade" anything, when in america, its practically an Epdemic.

this would be like "degrading" hitler for pointing out his jew hatred, its real.

I never even said anything about your Granny Champion crusade, nor did I comment on how pointless it is to FORCE them to make a champion that fits what you find necessary.

its Affirmitive action in progress, its the same as FORCING them to make a black champion, it just means he's put in the game to meet a quota someone set, its more racist than simply not making one at all.

just as its more sexist to make the Granny champion to quell your demands, than it is to ignore it and allow them to make and old-lady champion on their own terms.

I find the new wave of Feminism terrifying, so thats why I mock you, because you and your movement have evolved into a cancerious, hateful controlling force wasted on hair-splitting and nit-picking as women are being stoned to death in other countries.

you don't care about women, you care about what you can control, and what you can get changed out of spite, your just a hateful, incredibly passive aggressive person, just like all the other Radical Feminists I see, hiding behind passivity.

especially the line of "I don't want to take away the sexy champions"... PUHHLEEEZE.

Cronovey

10-07-2012

Very nice thread; the only thing I'd like to point out is that Cass actually has lore to back up her appearance; her lore literally says that she went around seducing her enemies. This would lump her with MF/Ahri in the "lore means this is right" category.

get dat birdman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
didn't you get the memo? empowering women is last generation, now they need to control HOW women are empowered, and HOW men are allowed to think.
Didn't you get the memo? I'm neither female, nor straight, nor am I a feminist (I prefer the term "egalitarian" thank you very much). I'd also be supremely happy if there were more hot dudes but that's aside from the point. So before you go on spouting nonsense about things of which you know nothing, try learning about them first. Thanks! Oh, and yes, he was quoting me, not the OP there, so I will take this moment to lord over you your inability to actually read posts.

Kushad Shiba Lee

10-07-2012

Money-money-moneyyyy!

All this time and effort you put into writing out this essay which you state you simply don't understand why 3.5% of guys are sexualized vs the 78% of girls. While these statistics are entirely subjective and based on your PoV alone, the fact of the matter iiisssss......... SE.X SELLS! Surprise surprise!

Also, let me give you some insight on how a male's brain works. Yea, we see MF's, Sona's, Ahri's, and 78% of the female human's bodies and think, "wow that's se.xy". We then proceed to buy these champs and their skins because we like it. However, when Riot releases a champion like Kayle, Riven, Leona, or Shyvana, we not only think "oh wow, she looks cool", we think "she would look so much more attractive in this pose, or this outfit". Hence the Bunny Girl Riven, Officer Caitlyn, Frostblade Irelia, etc..

This might not be the case with all men, but when I see a cool and strong female human champion, I think about how they would look in a "se.xy" (I'll get to that) outfit. The persona is already there. We know Riven, Irelia, Shyvana, and Leona are badasses, they are strong women. But the thing with men is we love vulnerability in women. We love to see what's behind the armor, what's beneath that helmet, and what's underneath those clothes.

This is how we, as men, are programmed. We love seeing the more vulnerable side of women. Unfortunately for you, vulnerability is what men find se.xy. For me it's more attractive in stronger women than anything else - seeing a tough girl that can whoop my ass in a bunny girl outfit is showing me vulnerability, and that is f*cking SE.XY, and that is what makes Riot MONEY!

No matter how covered up a female champion is, we would only love it more to see them sexualized (vulnerable). Take Sejuani for example. If she was fully clothed, say with Mordekaiser's armor, she would be a pretty cool looking champion. But if Riot releases a "Pool Side Sejuani" or "Beach Party Sejuani" with Sejuani in a bikini, lying down on the sand or a beach chair under an umbrella while her boar is diving into water, I would buy that skin in a heart beat.

This skin will sell pretty well, even though Sejuani is one of the most underplayed champions.

Hope this helped clear things up.