@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commie Rogue

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerie View Post
As I said before. Those boys also know little about computers so the picture they used of Syndra was much too large for their desktop resolution. It was enlarged and it centered in on her boobs. So of course I took 5 min out of my day to make it more appealing and that not be the first thing to look at when the computer is turned on.
How old are your nephews by the way? Old enough to play Teen rated games? Apparently not by your demeanor, so why are you introducing to a game that's rated above their age level?

That's like introducing them to a PG-13 movie, then being pissy about the content.

When are people going to realize video games aren't toys for children?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sincarnation

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPumpkin View Post
I hope you never have nor raise children.

And it's not encouragement, it's fact. Boys will be boys. Give them a tonka truck and they will dig up the earth.. OH NOES I'm promoting destruction of property!

lol if anything I'm promoting survival skills and the intelligence + skills to hunt.

I'm sorry if your kid would starve for fear of hurting a squirrel
There is a big difference between killing for survival and killing for sport. Teaching children how to have resolve and use their wits to survive when/if they need to is fine, but casually killing animals because boys will be boys is wrong. Period. End of discussion.
I'm not going to bother with insulting you parental abilities because people like yourself are far too gone or stubborn to even try changing.

@Email I'm not getting your point. Humans aren't innocent, but life shouldn't be something people take away on a whim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drukyul

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
None of the "sexy" female champions in this game would be allowed ... to walk into public wearing what they are wearing.
Uh, what? Topfree is legal in multiple states.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commie Rogue

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPumpkin View Post
Also in my match history on this character games are from extreamly long ago. Obviously this isn't an alt account and match history/lolking have a lot to do with this topic.

Nice try.

More sexy and near-naked men. No shirt, no clothes, just a loincloth and slender build with barely visible muscles. Make sure we can see some kind of hint at a *****. Gotta make sure it's like seeing nipples. (cough)

(Edit: Maybe if men see the weewee in plain view and feel a tad disgusted, they might see why alot of women feel the same)
How many women have their crotch visible in this game? Breasts are a secondary sexual characteristic, the ***** isn't. It's a primary one. They aren't even close to the same.

And you say I'm a troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite3789 View Post
LoL is not equivalent to a PG movie. All of these characters would be a-ok in a PG-13 movie, which is what this game is essentially rated. T for Teen.

Be a responsible parent and learn what ESRB are ratings. Don't force companies to parent for you.

2 seconds on Google and I had this information.
Not that it's a free to download, free to play game in an era where if children don't have a computer it's because their family has a very low income. How often growing up were you left to your own devices when downloading games? T for Teen doesn't work for video games you can download off the internet, it may work at places like Wal-Mart where id's are a thing, but the internet? I can be a 17 year old girl, a 46 year old male, or a Riot employee and you would know no better because anonymity is a thing. No, doing the parenting for them is not what Riot should be doing, using common sense and forward thinking as to who might be playing their game, looking at their pictures, their art, that is their responsibility as a company providing a product to consumers. 2 seconds of thinking and I had this information...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaerie

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
I think it's better to rise children with healthy attitudes about sexuality than to just say "NO BOOBIES EVER (OR AT LEAST UNTIL YOU'RE MARRIED)." Pornography is not inherently bad, and there is now growing acknowledgement and acceptance of women watching and liking porn as well (***-positivity).

Also if a woman did walk around in public looking like Syndra or Janna or whoever, they should not be judged (beyond wondering how badly their neck must hurt if they're dressed as Syndra) because it is their choice to do so. That's different from someone just designing a character to look that way. People don't seem to understand that.

You read my post entirely wrong. What you seem to not understand is the entire reason of this thread. You also do not have a very good imagination if you cannot visualize when I say the boobs were centered and enlarged on the page. Which calls for action. It's not "zomgosh hide the boobies." It's, "oh wow, that's hard to ignore. I'll just up the cleavage a bit so it's not so overwhelming."

Have some decency.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincarnation View Post
There is a big difference between killing for survival and killing for sport.
This is the reason that most world class MMA fighters and boxers don't even rank in the top thousand fighters in the world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
Uh, what? Topfree is legal in multiple states.
Quote me laws? Public Nudity is only legal in very specific communities within the United States. All of those area's require some form of identification to enter, you can't just be 12 walk down the road and see topless men and women walking around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaerie

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite3789 View Post
How old are your nephews by the way? Old enough to play Teen rated games? Apparently not by your demeanor, so why are you introducing to a game that's rated above their age level?

That's like introducing them to a PG-13 movie, then being pissy about the content.

When are people going to realize video games aren't toys for children?
No you people just read something and take it to the extreme. "Apparently not by my demeanor." Lol. People on the Internet thinking they know everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commie Rogue

Senior Member

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhon View Post
Not that it's a free to download, free to play game in an era where if children don't have a computer it's because their family has a very low income. How often growing up were you left to your own devices when downloading games? T for Teen doesn't work for video games you can download off the internet, it may work at places like Wal-Mart where id's are a thing, but the internet? I can be a 17 year old girl, a 46 year old male, or a Riot employee and you would know no better because anonymity is a thing. No, doing the parenting for them is not what Riot should be doing, using common sense and forward thinking as to who might be playing their game, looking at their pictures, their art, that is their responsibility as a company providing a product to consumers. 2 seconds of thinking and I had this information...
Again, you want a company to parent for you. It's your job to know what's on your kid's computer, if you don't that's not Riot's fault. Also, I didn't download games when I was growing up. Unless I grew up yesterday. Which I didn't.

And if they can download and install and create an account for a game, I've got some bad news, they probably know how to look up pron.