@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Women can not develop man like muscles.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/imag...ladiatorse.jpg
Robin Coleman will BREAK YOU

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
i guess i define sexualized differently. i define sexualized as using the common perception of sexy for appeal.

i.e jack sparrow. but perspectives are a wonderful thing ^.^
Now, if you want something sexualized, battle bunny riven
but hey, thats my fault anyways
i'm not apologizing

Obzidian

10-07-2012

This is not an issue of just sexy or scantily clad or sexualized. Yes, there is hypersexualization present for both female and male champs, The issue is that this is how the majority of female champs are presented. This same problem does not manifest for male champions.
The point is that the majority of female models have the same body type and even the same age group. They look startlingly similar. This is a DIVERSITY OF REPRESENTATION issue, an issue magnified by the fact that there are significantly fewer female champions.

"This is a game, get over it" -- this doesn't contribute to the conversation, go away
"X, Y, Z character don't fit in with argument" -- This doesn't invalidate the argument. There's still overwhelming evidence. Feel free to review my post a few pages back with pictures of all the male and female characters next to each other.
"You're just insecure/angryfeminist/insertvariousuncreativeinsulthere" This doesn't contribute to the conversation, Go away
"I'm a girl/I know a girl who doesn't have a problem with this" -- Doesn't contribute to the conversation, go away
"Girls made the champion/artwork" -- doesn't invalidate the argument or contribute to the discussion, go away
"I hate people like you/I hate this issue" -- no one cares, doesn't contribute to the conversation, go away.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
So you are not going to mess with our old champ designs?

I'm all for new champs being released but i don't want my old ones tampered with.
Do you seriously think they would want to piss of the entire community by removing boobage and assage of many female champions? I think not. The reaction to that would be VIRAL, much more than this little ridiculous complaint thread.

Xxx Duende xxX

10-07-2012

i think that girls would like to play sexy girl champions if anything

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
If they ever did that... People would be screaming gay all over.
Right, because it's assumed that a sexualized portrayal of ANYONE, male or female, is intended for men. Therefore sexy men are for gay guys.

But that's beside the point, which is that it makes no sense for men OR women to be posing and costumed in overtly sexual ways. It has no place in this game. That male model thrusting his crotch at us would be inappropriate for LoL in the same way all those broken-spine boob girls are.

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcsMom View Post
No he doesn't. For one he still has hair on his head. For two. Most monks practice with weaponry rather then fists.
A better comparison would be with Wuxia warriors, but monks can be hairy or hairless, and martial arts incorporates both barehanded and weapon fighting. In any case, hair and barehanded martial arts are distinctions without a difference where this discussion is concerned.

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horasu View Post
Just dropping by with a couple question. Why is Tryndamere and Pentakill Olaf not sexualizing men? Why is Sejuani railed on for being half naked in the frozen wastes, but not Tryndamere? Why are half naked women "sexualized" but half naked men not? Without justifying any of this, to me, everything is just baseless complaining.

If you're saying "male champions aren't eye candy," or "naked men appeal to the male audience and not female audience" then I have two things to say. One, there are and will always be women who love the body types of our naked male champions. That in itself qualifies them as eyecandy. Second, my girlfriend goes gaga over Garen even though he's clothed, declaring him her "husbando."

So my point is, even if you don't THINK our buff, beefy male champions are sexualized, then other people will say they are because they are head over heels for them. Just like how some people are head over heels for our half naked female champions and some are not.
Tryndamere and Pentakill Olaf aren't posing in a suggestive way. They aren't presenting themselves as tantalizing. They aren't trying to seduce you. And they don't have conventionally attractive body types. Bodybuilders appeal to straight guys more than they do to women or gay men. Could you see Tryndamere as a fashion model? Would he be cast as a lead in a romantic comedy? Ripped =/= sexualized.

Sejuani is shoving her chest out and contorting her body in an unnatural way in order to be sexually suggestive. Garen is handsome, but he isn't being sexualized, in the same way that Kayle is pretty, but she isn't being sexualized.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Now, if you want something sexualized, battle bunny riven
but hey, thats my fault anyways
i'm not apologizing
Yeah why the **** did you want that skin to be made just to complain about it a month later?

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Tryndamere and Pentakill Olaf aren't posing in a suggestive way. They aren't presenting themselves as tantalizing. They aren't trying to seduce you. And they don't have conventionally attractive body types. Bodybuilders appeal to straight guys more than they do to women or gay men. Could you see Tryndamere as a fashion model? Would he be cast as a lead in a romantic comedy? Ripped =/= sexualized.

Sejuani is shoving her chest out and contorting her body in an unnatural way in order to be sexually suggestive. Garen is handsome, but he isn't being sexualized, in the same way that Kayle is pretty, but she isn't being sexualized.
Actually I only see a fat boar and some weird weapon when I look at Sejuani's splash art.