@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOwned247 View Post
Pantheon looks like a Spartan/Roman soldier, not a male stripper.
some guys find girls that look like strippers attractive.
some girls find guys that look like spartan men attractive.

saying one is sexualized and the other is not is flat out contradictory.

its completely perspective based what makes your opinion or mine for that matter right for what is sexualized and what is not.

how about we let the artist create their work and we thank them for the free product we supply us.?

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
We got a japanese culture major right here. Lookout.
No, i'm just not a moron, if you knew **** about japan you'd know that as a whole, its FAR more biased against females

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
some guys find girls that look like strippers attractive.
some girls find guys that look like spartan men attractive.

saying one is sexualized and the other is not is flat out contradictory.

its completely perspective based what makes your opinion or mine for that matter right for what is sexualized and what is not.

how about we let the artist create their work and we thank them for the free product we supply us.?
No. **** you. If no one complains nothing will ever get better

Shadou

10-07-2012

I greatly understand why there's always a debate about oversexualizing in games, mmos, in general...As a fellow female gamer myself who played video games and MMO's since i was a kid, In truth I never really noticed the oversexualized themes. I think the skins and characters in LoL is very beautifully made and it's even better with the lore I read with them, makes me feel happy playing these characters with my boyfriend and he doesnt think they too are oversexualized he a monster fan himself.

Ofc it's obvious when you play games brought over to america from korea now that to me is a bit much but I don't find it alarming due to well I am also a movie lover also and comparing movies to games well games is more covered up then in movies for example:

Horror movies yup good ol' horror we all know this, always a nakid couple or skimpy dressed girls in such genre anyone complain? Nope!
Almost any movies related to highschool and teenagers, yea let's not cause a riot on over drinking of under 21yr olds and again...the skimpy cothes women will wear

these are but a few examples I see in life no one takes notice but in games, and if all this is because your child is playing this game or any other game I should be questioning why are you letting your child on the internet? and not checking the rating age when you buy them a videogame?

Lastly OP, you say skins like nurse akali and such are stripper related but you do know that male cop strippers look almost like a actual cop too right? Men is impossible to say they are oversexualized because well..they are male...they don't have the traits females do hell you can take off their pants still wont be considered sexualized. And come on every male and female out there, if you really think about it, if all the LoL characters were covered up like a average person would you like them? would you feel this fantasy vibe to them? Games are fantasy not real life it shouldn't follow real life society it wouldn't be beautiful and I really don't believe women are being thought of any different because of this.

OneVendetta

10-07-2012

Downvoted. I REALLY hate people like you OP. Attention *****.

dead robit

10-07-2012

TO BATTLE BUNNY RIVEN SKIN

i personally would buy a BATTLE BUNNY DARIUS skin for 1800 rp easy... does that make him sexualized and would you ladies complain about a bunny costume for a Darius like really.. i would love that lol...

StunnedandSlayed

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
No, i'm just not a moron, if you knew **** about japan you'd know that as a whole, its FAR more biased against females
Except that japanese women have consistently held high positions throughout history.

This was far before the west ever came up with the "feminist" movement.

You can't base all of japanese culture off of a few cartoons.

Personal attacks make you look like a moron.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLurch View Post
Except that japanese women have consistently held high positions throughout history.

This was far before the west ever came up with the "feminist" movement.

You can't base all of japanese culture off of a few cartoons.
Are you serious?
you're serious aren't you.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
TO BATTLE BUNNY RIVEN SKIN

i personally would buy a BATTLE BUNNY DARIUS skin for 1800 rp easy... does that make him sexualized and would you ladies complain about a bunny costume for a Darius like really.. i would love that lol...
Iw no, darius is gross
battle bunny pantheon

Zerglinator

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Iw no, darius is gross
battle bunny pantheon
I still want Battle Bunny Sejuani, wielding a carrot on a stick and riding a giant bunny.