@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illecebra

10-07-2012

DeafDunn

10-07-2012

I support OP in all of this and will support Ironstylus forever. Cant wait for Riot to turn their heads in the better light. /cheer.

GaafGrohiik

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante88 View Post
Most guys brush it off and walk away. I personally do. I will speak for myself, when I've done something dumb, and I die, or toss a teamfight, or any other number of things that go horribly wrong with one wrong choice, I know about it. I did it and I saw the result. I feel bad about it. But when jack ass A blows a gasket over it I sort of laugh at his stupidity and move on with my life because at the end of the match, it's a game, and I didn't lose anything I can't gain back. Also, I am pretty secure with my strengths, failings, color and orientation so quite honestly, anyone who wants to trash talk me may as well be talking to a brick wall holding a pink umbrella. That's about as ridiculous as they look doing it.

Most guys are stoic like this. Women are not. Women are in general (not 100%! just generally) by nature insecure. They're emotionally vulnerable. Easily hurt, offended, depressed. So when a guy goes off on them attacking their sexuality, that sticks with them. It bothers me when it happened to my girlfriend of course but I would, and do, feel as strongly about it when it happens to the other girls I very much enjoy playing this game with. Society isn't going to change itself. Society is, as pathetic as it sounds, dictated by media. Media dictates that women are *** objects. *** objects don't have feelings or play games... right?

I personally think that average looking gamergirls are hot but I'm alright with being a minority here...
Congratulations - you just set women back 100 years.

second bold - NECKBEARD. NECKBEARD. NECKBEARD.

lemonchief

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post

Also, I doubt female players want to see a female character who's fat just because it fills in the diversity gap. I don't know a single male who's excited over how Gragas looks.
What makes OP think females will be excited to see the illusive Lady Gragas?
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Gragas is a bawss. Especially his Gragas esq. skin (what a refined, classy gentleman) or his Vandal skin.

BerserkSheal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
Congratulations - you just set women back 100 years.

second bold - NECKBEARD. NECKBEARD. NECKBEARD.

Haha, I agree with that.

Not even a women and I felt offended he said that, as he implies women are vulnerable creatures who need protection and guys are the take a licking and keep on ticking kind of folks.

Thing is, I'm sure some people have had stuff said to them in game that's gotten to them regardless of gender.

AlphariusRising

10-07-2012

I agree, OP, but I want it taken to a different conclusion.

Where the heck are my Beach Boy Garen and Darius skins, Riot?

Iconage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Cute. You ignore how fervently IronStylus and some others have supported more varied and non-sexist female champs in favor of painting an inaccurate portrayal of red behavior?

Grow up and shut up.
Sounds to the the OP is some pseudo feminist... changing the ways in which female characters are portrayed is retarded. I guess Victoria Secret or makeup companies like L'Oreal Paris should start picking other women to advertise their products? Guess the Victoria Secret model is too revealing, and making other women not desire those clothes? You get my point.

lemonchief

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconage View Post
Sounds to the the OP is some pseudo feminist... changing the ways in which female characters are portrayed is retarded. I guess Victoria Secret or makeup companies like L'Oreal Paris should start picking other women to advertise their products? Guess the Victoria Secret model is too revealing, and making other women not desire those clothes? You get my point.
Victoria's Secret is advertising LINGERIE. You realize this, right? Riot is creating warriors who come from various backgrounds.

Edit: also, feminism is about equality and treating people with respect, don't be a ****tard.

dead robit

10-07-2012

@ Rachel, you did construct your thread supremely. and i agree with you on a lot of your points. im just curious. at what percent of adult female characters would you find them to not be sexualized( could be worded better but it eludes me right now) where is the right balance. 35 % 50 % 70 % personally. i would like more diversity. but i think adding to much of barbarian women or to much void women ect is a bad thing but there is a balance and i think riot can find that. personally i play the game and enjoy it i don't think anything riot has currently is something to get offended by. but im not opposed to a little diversity either

Yaomon

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I didn't say hyper-sexualized, I made a goofy comment about proportions and read in-game which I have since said were dumb. I was in fact defending decisions that I actually didn't agree with but felt the team still deserved credit for pulling off a difficult champion.
Can we get a witch champion?