@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Oh my ****ing god, I wish I could just slap my díck on your face.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the LoL playerbase.

Any further questions?

helltronX

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
I think its entertaining that as the bunnygirl riven thread creator, i'm also one of the few who has figured out its not about clothes, its bodytype
and all league women have the same one
That's so true, the problem I have is that it's impossible to get involved in the girls listed here on lore/RP level because it seems like all the supposed sexualized characters are just the same girl in different outfits with different spells. I can get excited to play darius, draven, ezreal etc. because they're unique build w/ different skins.

I liked getting girl characters in games like Chrono Trigger even though I wasn't exactly RPing as them but with them as apart of my team because there were unique characters like Lucca that you could get interested in. I dunno though I could still possibly get interested in a character RP wise like Fiona, Diana, Leona or others.

Has any girl here addressed why the fact that men and women are different is a moot point here? Many examples were given that characters like Olaf though showing skin isn't sexually appealing to women, but that's a fact of life women aren't attracted to men the same way men are attracted to women. It only follows that naturally women characters will be more revealing as that's how it is in the real world too.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Its not about clothes, its about bodytype
YEAH COMPARE HUMAN MALE BODIES WITH FEMALE BODIES IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.

THE ONLY ONES THAT STICKS OUT IS EZREAL AND VARUS, ALL THE OTHERS MALE HUMAN CHAMPIONS HAVE BODYBUILDER BODIES.
THAT'S LIKE SAYING RIOT IS SEXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO MALE ANNIE.

KEEP lN MIND, GRAGAS IS NOT A HUMAN (READ HIS LORE) AND CANNOT BE USED AS AN EXAMPLE HERE.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
YEAH COMPARE HUMAN MALE BODIES WITH FEMALE BODIES IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS.

THE ONLY ONES THAT STICKS OUT IS EZREAL AND VARUS, ALL THE OTHERS MALE HUMAN CHAMPIONS HAVE BODYBUILDER BODIES.
THAT'S LIKE SAYING RIOT IS SEXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO MALE ANNIE.

KEEP lN MIND, GRAGAS IS NOT A HUMAN (READ HIS LORE) AND CANNOT BE USED AS AN EXAMPLE HERE.
Not really, male bodytypes in league have a much wider spectrum in just size, from ezreal to Trynd,there's spaces everywhere inbetween, hell, there's even zilean

taking a look at females, they all have the exact same bodytype, there's none of them that look like an amazon woman thats almost bodybuilderish, which Sej and Nid should look like, there's no thinner bodytype, its all the same swimsuit model.

lemonchief

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Shi En View Post
Lord Parrot, I love you and respect you, but I have to disagree with where you draw the line with Sej.

Go out and wear a leather bikini on an open Tundra with no civilization around for miles. Go ahead. Do it (Pics plz). Walking in frozen wastelands with no clothing is a rite of passage and a show of great power and stamina in a lot northern 'barbaric' tribes, fictional or not. And that IS what was said in Sejuani's lore. If she was out there all bundled up in furs and armour, I wouldn't respect her character at all. Anyone can put on layers and ride around in the snow, only a real hardened warrior could do it in their underwear.
We all know Sejuani is a complete bad ass. My main problem with Sejuani is that she doesn't wear any actual armor. While it is fine for her to have trained in a leather bikini or proven her grit wearing a leather bikini, it is down right retarded (which Sej doesn't seem to be) to ride into battle without any armor. Regardless of how physically or mentally tough she is, her musculature would not stop an axe from cutting her leg clean off. Or from a sword piercing right through her uncovered chest. She is a complete bad ass who is exceptionally tough, but that doesn't mean her skin is coated in diamonds to reflect blows--that's the main disconnect that I have.

If you compare it to Trynd, he is at least wearing armor on half of his body (even a little bit more) and his chest and arms are so unbelievably, inhumanly muscular and knotted that it might actually prevent him from dying if he were to take a hit there. If Sejuani's legs were as muscular as Trynd's neck, I'd understand why she wouldn't wear armor.

Evarelia

10-07-2012

As thorough as this thread is, I feel the need to point something out. There are female gamers in this game and they're not in it for the manbeef, at least, not 100% of the time. They're in it because they play with friends an/or they like the actual game.
The majority of the would be LOL players are guys, just because that's the state of the gaming community. Guys, especially American guys, like looking at that hourglass female body type. They also like personifying themselves into the large beefy male look and playing out their macho, testosterone needs. Let's not make this primarily about what women don't want, but understand that Riot is catering to what guys want. If the game was full of older, rail or boney women and guys, I guarantee you less and less people would play. Visuals bring people into a game and the actual game makes them stay.
As a female player, I joined because my husband plays. However, I did the same with Start Trek Online. Do I still play Star Trek Online? No, why? The visuals do not appeal to me. As a girl, I LOVE to play dress up with beautiful models at my disposal. I love looking through the skins and buying and learning heroes so that I can have the skin. Plus, the manbeef helps ^_~

Also, the majority of the characters I play? Tanks. Moakai, Nautilus...and then Fiddlesticks. Ones that don't fit into this discussion at all, but not because I don't want to be sexualized. I play Katarina. I play Janna. And I play Caitlyn. And they are all highly sexualized. But I think it's awesome. My husband and I run sexy caster ladies together and we pwn face. It's never an issue.

Occasionally I get flak for having a female name but I get more flak for being a newb. That doesn't have anything to do with being female that has to do with A. My being new to the game and pvp in general, and B. People in general being ******bags. There is NOTHING Riot can do about ******bags. That is what the report system is for. You want to get rid of ******bags? Report them. That is the state of the world, deal with it.

Please give us more sexy costumes.
I would like to see more variety in female body type, but only to mix things up. Don't make granny's unless it's a joke skin like Warwick's XD People play games to have nice things to look at. That is all.

R2D2 Bot

10-07-2012

Introducing new female gamers to the game is not about changing woman proportions, is about introducing cuteness (lulu), love, and hearts (MF passive), and having a friend who joined. Making attracting female champions will bring people to the game and make them stay. Maybe men would say we need a "fat" female champion, but even female gamers prefer to play with good-shape and beautiful female champions.

For example look at the post above me.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Not really, male bodytypes in league have a much wider spectrum in just size, from ezreal to Trynd,there's spaces everywhere inbetween, hell, there's even zilean

taking a look at females, they all have the exact same bodytype, there's none of them that look like an amazon woman thats almost bodybuilderish, which Sej and Nid should look like, there's no thinner bodytype, its all the same swimsuit model.
Ok, Zilean is legit... But you have Annie. Tryndamere and Pantheon are identical, just different angels. Same goes for Kassadin.

Right now you're getting nowhere, Riven does not have the same body as Irelia, Katarina, Zyra.

Dumb argument. I only agree with OP when it comes to one thing, and that is that there is a need of more female monsters, like a female kog'maw. Can't see why it would be needed though since you only play Teemo and pretty female champions anyways.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 Bot View Post
Introducing new female gamers to the game is not about changing woman proportions, is about introducing cuteness (lulu), love, and hearts (MF passive).
Wow, this guy gets it.

He really understands women and what they want.

i want to die

Rachel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchief View Post
We all know Sejuani is a complete bad ass. My main problem with Sejuani is that she doesn't wear any actual armor. While it is fine for her to have trained in a leather bikini or proven her grit wearing a leather bikini, it is down right retarded (which Sej doesn't seem to be) to ride into battle without any armor. Regardless of how physically or mentally tough she is, her musculature would not stop an axe from cutting her leg clean off. Or from a sword piercing right through her uncovered chest. She is a complete bad ass who is exceptionally tough, but that doesn't mean her skin is coated in diamonds to reflect blows--that's the main disconnect that I have.

If you compare it to Trynd, he is at least wearing armor on half of his body (even a little bit more) and his chest and arms are so unbelievably, inhumanly muscular and knotted that it might actually prevent him from dying if he were to take a hit there. If Sejuani's legs were as muscular as Trynd's neck, I'd understand why she wouldn't wear armor.
This is an excellent point
To add on I'd say their roles are also playing a key part in design--or should
Sejuani is supposed to be a tank
Tryndamere is a melee carry
It would make more sense visually for Sej to be wearing more than a leather bikini