@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gruel

Senior Recruiter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I didn't say hyper-sexualized, I made a goofy comment about proportions and read in-game which I have since said were dumb. I was in fact defending decisions that I actually didn't agree with but felt the team still deserved credit for pulling off a difficult champion.

i open the Dev tracker and what do i see Parrots Parrots EVERYWHERE... and you know what... I LIKE IT!!!

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
If I'm parsing this correctly..

Yeah, gals tend to be a smaller sliver of archetype due to being outnumbered.. but that's just an excuse when we really could just be more clever with our real-estate.

I've never really been fond of old haggard, but that's just me. Maybe it's viable. I'd steer more towards Maleficent as a good target. Middle-age-ish-sorta, dignified, graceful, evil, a force to be reckoned with.
What about Frau Totenkinker from Fables (granted she did reveal that her true from was a very attractive young women but she spends most of her time in the series as a frail old woman kicking all kinds of ass from her rocking chair)

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

10-07-2012

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Cute chicks sell more than ugly ones, specially if the vast majority of your customers are male teenagers.

tempnameA461

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashrack View Post
I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. Cute chicks sell more than ugly ones, specially if the vast majority of your customers are male teenagers.
We have sexy ones.
We have no cute ones.
Unless you count Teemo.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Ironstylus is spamming the Dev Tracker right now lol

TÅ ERNOBOG

10-07-2012

i have to disagree with the OP about the battle bunny riven skin it is what is meant to be a lot like the pool party ziggs skin they are themed skin but i agree on a lot of the cait skins non of them fit into the context that they are suppose to be no sheriff or cop would dress like that

Alice Twilight

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TŠERNOBOG View Post
i have to disagree with the OP about the battle bunny riven skin it is what is meant to be a lot like the pool party ziggs skin they are themed skin but i agree on a lot of the cait skins non of them fit into the context that they are suppose to be no sheriff or cop would dress like that
On the flip side of that, my 2 favorite Cait skins really do fit into that (arctic warfare and resistance)

DarkHatred

10-07-2012

Oh god here we go again...this is a totally new subject.

Dreggon

10-07-2012

make a pig riding on the shoulders of a really short, squat, dwarfish woman

the pig gives the orders and wears an officer's cap

his attack is to make bacon fall from the sky and deal damage

Xengre

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmu Mikear View Post
I think I might burn for this but what do other people think of Miss Fortune on this subject? Specifically her original skin.

I saw a fan made art/skin a while ago called Ivory Corsair Miss Fortune and it just blew my eyes wide open on the way I look at female champions. My main wonder here is, does anyone else also think it should have been her original skin? To me its a huge example of sexy vs ****ty...

for reference:
Pic - http://melgramn.deviantart.com/art/Miss-Fortune-Ivory-Corsair-183672160

Skin - http://leaguecraft.com/skins/3030-ivory-corsair-miss-fortune.xhtml

Thread - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=307132

On other champions like Sej, I really wish she was heavily armored. I was looking forward to a female champion that looked awesome in the way that mordekaiser looks. I know we got Kayle and Diana but they just don't have that look of having some badass armor thats going to wreck your face... (Darius and Mordekaiser LOOK intimidating... NO female in the league does). Thats my opinion anyways...
Would have personally preferred this and it is kinda cool. Also reminds me of the MMO "Sword of the New World" which had a pretty good take on character designs of this type making them "cool" but not overly sexual. Then again their art and music was just amazing and bad ass all around, at least when I played it during beta.