@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I did actually! =D
Why do i remember stuff liek that

Varaxael

10-07-2012

On the subject of gender pronouns and the like, I simply use the gender of the champion played. If for some reason (like the forums) I have to guess, I will use the masculine pronoun based on my confidence that most players are male - just playing the odds. I do not, however, consider gender to be important in the forums per se, nor do I advertise my own. I expect other Summoners to deal with whatever I post based on its own merit, not my demographics - deal with my ideas, or shut up and go home. =)

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

People who overly concern themselves with sexuality or portrayals of sexism are sexist themselves.

Fishcoteque

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You have no idea.. NO IDEA.. how in love with the Unprepared Garen skin I am..

..or "Sexy Fireman Graves"
Riot. Riot pls.

Or liek
"Male Dancer Ezreal"
"Sexy Cop Anyone"

Xengre

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
You're nitpicking which particular aspect of the image you want to call out (hint: it's relative) without actually undermining my overall point that MF's art is obvious pandering.

I call crudeness where I find it. I didn't invent the crudeness.

And no, it's nothing at all like a fencing position. It's a T&A pose.

It IS pretty common to see highly revealing kunoichi attire...

...in ecchi and hentai.

You make an argument from ignorance, which is fallacious enough to begin with, but you also mistakenly assume I am ignorant.

Eve's lore is ****. Haven't I made that clear yet?

And sure, Vlad has nothing to do with vampires. *cough fulfilling all the vampire stereotypes cough* *cough Nosferatu Vlad cough*

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself, and pissing me off.
Never said MF art was not oriented toward being "sexy". I am simply saying it is not unrealistic and she could quite potentially be in her 40s even (but it is one of the key points people use as their "so called" evidence of a female champion being sexualized in a rather demeaning way which is simply not right.

Yes, it is pretty close to a fencing position minus her leg positions. Compare an image cut off to show only above her waste to that picture you presented of a real fencer...

Your arguments so far in regards to Akali are exceptionally close minded. I have presented multiple counter concerning this... if you refuse to acknowledge it then I guess that is a done deal.

You are clearly making an argument with your biased opinion as the basis for Eve...

Vlad is a hemomancer, a mage who manipulates blood. Just because they tie it in with the vampiric theme which runs close to his core theme does not make him a vampire...

With regards to your attitude and your close minded statements I have lost the little respect I had for you as a poster on the forums. It is unfortunate...

This aside...

IronStylus would you reason to say that females are rather distinct in both age in archetype in comparison to men and a problem with the perception of the issue can be directed at the much larger male cast and male/neuter (but appears to likely be male) monster cast of champions in the game that dwarf the female population in numbers?

Also what is your opinion on the fact that old haggard women do not simply sell or are well received in comparison to other designs, nor do they make sense beyond my next statement. It is great to have a few visibly older/aged women (wrinkles/etc.) but no more then a few due to the lack of basic archetypes (mage/psychic powers/mech user/techy that can be employed which visibly demonstrate old age such as wrinkles) leaving primarily fit/athletic women who participate on the battlefield (often more athletic women do not show such signs of aging, while not 100% true it is fairly accurate) making up the majority of the cast due to more archetypes simply being available. To elaborate, frail/aged women are generally not combat ready (outside above mentioned archetypes, and potentially some others... with a lot more if someone gets amazingly creative which is honestly not likely). I may not be stating this as clearly as I should but I am rather tired, myself.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishcoteque View Post
Riot. Riot pls.

Or liek
"Male Dancer Ezreal"
"Sexy Cop Anyone"
Bunnygirl Pantheon

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
19 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Why do i remember stuff liek that
You are timeless, like me.

Alpha. Omega.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
you are timeless, like me.

Alpha. Omega.
kay

Rachel

10-07-2012

you just said that mf was realistic hold up
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sW3bA42u5S...issfortune.jpg

okay i lol'd

continue on your merry way

MTaur

10-07-2012

Parrot - btw, is this a true story? It's speculation. I wasn't actually there. Just in case it's eerily accurate.