Do you Orb-Walk with meele Champions? Plat and up pls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pleep

05-03-2014

Hello

I'm wondering, is it better to try and move in-between auto attacks on a melee champion like Jax or Garen, or is it better to just rightclick once let let it roll?

I am wondering this because i had always assumed high elo players used "advanced techniques" like stutter stepping to win 1 vs 1 fights and to chase more effectively. But as i climb the ladder and spectate high elo games its starting to seem like this isn't the case... which is very disappointing because i don't see very much skill in just rightclicking master yi style.

So back to the question: Is there any benefit in melee stutter stepping in 1 vs 1 fights or when chasing? And those of you who do do it do you use the "Attack move" key-binding or do you manually move your champ after each auto-attack?

thanks

AHeroNamedFalcon

05-03-2014

You have to no how to orb walk on melee champions too.

If you move between attacks you gain way more distance and can stay in melee range of a moving opponent way longer

Stangel1

05-03-2014

If it is helpful, obviously.

Carapau

05-03-2014

ofc, you can even block enemy path if you have some speed boost

Iron Angel 2003

05-03-2014

Yes. Especially if you have a slow/ms boost. It lets you stick to people for a lot longer.

Ratastok

05-03-2014

Yeah,it helps a lot.

Vectros

05-03-2014

I do on occasion. Shyvana is a good example. Burnout lasts longer from autos, but if you just right click and let it go she'll get 1, maybe 2 Burnout ticks before it goes away. If you auto then run ahead of them then auto, you can get the full duration as you're running with them.

Darkin Blade

05-03-2014

Ofc. Doing it is part of playing Aatrox effectively, after all

Ankit Naik

05-03-2014

Yep. Any champion who's auto animation is even slightly longer than the time it takes for damage to be applied can benefit from orb-walking. For example, you can cancel naut's auto attack when his anchor is barely past shoulder to apply damage, which is at most 70% of the auto animation.

pleep

05-03-2014

^ Would you do it with a champion like master yi or jax?

also do u use attack move or manually move between attacks?