Strange Lag Spikes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eve Morgan

09-27-2011

Bump

Iheartazns400

09-27-2011

lag of legends

Tsuhina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Bump for Riot Fixes

The Awesome Twin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

I'm having the same problem, I send in bug reports while I'm trying to reconnect. I know for sure it isn't my internet. And it's only been happening to me since the small update when Dominion was released, how hard can it be to track that down.

Candace

09-28-2011

I am having this exact same problem. Its really ruining the game for me.

Tanstalas

09-28-2011

Same here with the lag spikes. I started doing a continuous ping to the hop just before the last hop on the riot servers and though sometimes the pings will get up to 300ms (for a couple pings) then drop back down to 100ish ms. I am seeing 4000+ latency in the game, and for literally minutes at a time.

Right now pinging 216.52.255.103 which is the hop right before Riot and I never have issues up to this point.

Hope Riot fixes this.

Cidolfus Bunansa

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittles View Post
Also, it seems I am able to browse websites completely fine, which is a problem if you are losing packets. Is it possible for a person to only lose packets when they are in the game?
One notable thing, I believe Riot is using UDP, compared to most browsers will connect via TCP.
UDP packets can disappear into the oblivion, and not get noticed, whereas TCP have a strict packet ordering that has to be followed. If a TCP packet disappears, the client will request it again, if possible, or abort the transfer.