How to fix Moonflair Spellblade and Haunting Guise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Steinman

10-05-2012

These are two items that almost never, ever get purchased anymore. However, Guise is a good early game item and Spellblade is one of the often ignored Tenacity items. I think I have a decent way to fix them both in one go.

Guise of the Moon:

Moonflaire Spellblade + Haunting Guise + 500 Gold

+90 Ability Power
+300 Health
+30 Magic Penetration
+35 Tenacity

I think this would make Guise a more viable item for other champs while not giving such a massive amount of stats to make it a must buy. The items could easily be adjusted in power level by tossing in an Amplifying Tomb to raise the AP given over 100 or an HoG to give it something else to build into, etc. Champions like Vlad would see a lot of benefit from this combination but it wouldn't be a massive snowball item either.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Fargo79

10-06-2012

what about champs that this would totally snowball away with?? like Akali, Kat, Diana?? they would tower dive and get out cause even if they are slowed,snared, taunted the tenacity would get them out fast enough to live.. i do agree that these items should be buffed or some changes made to improve them... but combining them for those stats would be too OP...

3mptylord

10-06-2012

The AP is too high for how much MP and Tenacity. Guise of the Moon + Athene's Unholy Grail creates a tanky, unstoppable, high-AP, high-sustain caster... :O

TheRottenCrow

10-06-2012

i agree to a late game upgrade for guise but the tenacity wouldnt work. tenacity is supposed to come at a sacrifice of other stats. the only true tenacity items is merc treds. all other ones are supposed to make you consider if its worth it.

LeetMasterAce

10-06-2012

While I agree with the principle in question, i.e. boosting these two items that never get purchased, your idea is too strong. 90 AP is a huge amount for a single-slot item that also grants tenacity. Part of the problem with non-MercTreads tenacity items is that they're too weak to waste an item slot on, but very tricky to buff into viable territory without making them OP.

Sonic Nova

10-06-2012

I actually use the Moonflair Blade as part of my Cho build, as I have it as a complement to my Crystal Scepter and Boots of Swiftness. But I agree, I've almost never used Moonflair Blade or Haunted Guise unless with Cho and LB respectively, and even then for LB late game I'll swap out the Guise for a better item.