Is this a reward for having high honor?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Vengeance View Post
btw you sort of fail-censored the first guy. it tells you who it is in the top middle
You could also find the guy in the second shot if you really wanted.Just look the team up, then look for those played champs.

Krosic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Those are called Crests of Honor. It's possible to 'lose' them if you do not continue to be Honorable. The reason it does not take 100 or more Honor to unlock the Crests is because it's actually difficult to keep them. You have to continue to be Honorable game after game to stay a pillar of our community.
1. Can you have multiple Crests
2. Can you see your own Crests in Champion select

costas84

10-07-2012

Quote:
Those are called Crests of Honor. It's possible to 'lose' them if you do not continue to be Honorable. The reason it does not take 100 or more Honor to unlock the Crests is because it's actually difficult to keep them. You have to continue to be Honorable game after game to stay a pillar of our community.
Except that some people dont use the honor system even if you are nice/friendly to them.

So someone has to be extremely lucky to get people who use the honor system every game.

DeadManDancing

10-07-2012

Quote:
Does that mean Honor decays? With time or with reports or how does it work?

SM9

10-07-2012

That is Interesting

twinInsomniac

10-07-2012

I just played with someone with the Honorable Opponent crest, and he really was a good opponent. He joked with us in all chat and complimented me, his lane opponent in end game chat even though his team ended up stomping us. So as far as crests go, they've been accurate for me. Also, based on what Lyte posted in this thread, I believe that these crests are based on percent of honor per game, not a flat number.

Elsaliss

10-07-2012

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying the name of the Honorable items

Before, I called them Honor Tags, but now it's nice to know the official name. As people mentioned before, how is it possible to obtain Honor each game and keep your crests if people refuse/forget to give you some at the end unless you discreetly ask for it?

i.e. An ally on your team: "GG! Honor for everyone!"

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-07-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corngina View Post
Does it decay over time or over total games played? Grrl i busy, i don't get to play everyday anymore.
It takes into account both time and games played. We wanted to ensure that if players didn't have a chance to play games that they were still given a chance to display their Crests in their games.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-07-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warden View Post

Before, I called them Honor Tags, but now it's nice to know the official name. As people mentioned before, how is it possible to obtain Honor each game and keep your crests if people refuse/forget to give you some at the end unless you discreetly ask for it?

You are all assuming that you need to be Honored every single game to keep a Crest... To be specific, I only said you have to keep being Honorable and a truly positive player.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warden View Post

Honestly, I tend to go out of my way to not honor people who 'discretely' bring up honor. In my personal opinion, bringing honor up in such a fashion cheapens the experience, and so counteracts anything honorable you might have done.