Is this a reward for having high honor?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

10-07-2012

Funny how the guy with the Teamwork crest seems to be a support main, huh?

Nothcliff

10-07-2012

Wow that is awesome. Guess I'll have to be an even better of person to get these! Hurray!

Jimyd

10-07-2012

I main Jungle, I can guarentee I pretty much get 2-3 reports every game even if I win.

Yup, won't be getting any of these soon(except maybe honorable opponent; but not when I camp the enemy top/mid laner).

Terminus Est

10-07-2012

The honor system is still in testing/implementation/etc, I saw one of these ribbons on an opponent earlier today (didn't get to play with them actually, as someone dodged) but I look forward to the day when I see a screen full of them and relax, knowing that I'm not queueing unbeknownest with scumbag Steve.

I'm a little more vocal now that the honor system is live, generally I wouldn't use /all aside from the end of the game, but I try to toss out a 'good luck, have fun' at the beginning of games, its just a game after all.

I've always been a bit of a tryhard when it comes to my teammates, attempting to (most of the time) politely explain what I -think- they did wrong whenever things go awry. I'm sure everyone here knows how efficacious that can be at frustrating yourself. But now, every now and again, someone will honor me for being helpful and trying to explain, rather than just flaming them for 'feeding' et al.

I really like this game. I've spent a magnitude more money on it than I ever expected to and I look forward to spending more. The honor system has improved the quality of my experiences and that is fantastic. Riot, if you can give us more in this vein of quality of life improvements, I'm loving it!

p.s: More lore too, if you can! Its totally worth it. Half of us or more are nerds, we love lore! Seriously! There is an animated resolution to the question of 'who would win, Master Chief or Doom Guy'? on the internet. WE WILL LORE UP ANY GODDANG THING. Its ++ if its your lore and not our creepy take on it, ja?

EDIT: p.s.s: One thing I don't like is how some people will request honor at the end of the game/in the postchat window... pretty much guarantees I won't honor them, since it moves their motivation to the distinctly icky side. Feels a little hypocritical... but not as hypocritical as asking for honor for stuff your supposed to be doing anyways =/

XElement

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Those are called Crests of Honor. It's possible to 'lose' them if you do not continue to be Honorable. The reason it does not take 100 or more Honor to unlock the Crests is because it's actually difficult to keep them. You have to continue to be Honorable game after game to stay a pillar of our community.
But what if the people just get lazy?
I play blind pick so I guess skill isn't as high. But, I have been jungling as hec and won 4 games today, the 3 I won I didn't get any honor while carrying the team, while my last match between those I did get 3 honors.

But, isn't it possible that players will just get lazy in the future and not even bother with this stuff?

SpatAttack

10-07-2012

surrenderat20.net is a beautiful thing.

sccrdude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Those are called Crests of Honor. It's possible to 'lose' them if you do not continue to be Honorable. The reason it does not take 100 or more Honor to unlock the Crests is because it's actually difficult to keep them. You have to continue to be Honorable game after game to stay a pillar of our community.
Can you have more than one at once?

LexxxLuthor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:

http://hahgay.com/

Joequel

10-07-2012

Quote:
So you need to continually ask for the honor to sustain the crest?

I mean that's a bit extreme, but I mean you can't EXPECT honor so why hold a reward to maintaining a consistent amount of honor received. :x

Corngina

10-07-2012

Quote:
Does it decay over time or over total games played? Grrl i busy, i don't get to play everyday anymore.