Ashe Help PLZ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WTFyrz

09-26-2010

i like volley. i use it when i can. but sometimes i just save my mana for ECA.

WTFyrz

09-26-2010

ok.
How about this?
1. Long Sword + pots
2. Brutalizer
3. Ghostblade
4. Boots of Swiftness
5. Meki Pendant?
6. Brutalizer
7. Infinity Edge
8. Phantom Dancer
What do you think?

Ajaxanon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

There are so many different variables that should influence your build items/order. Firstly, are you harassing solo mid, or are you focusing more on last hitting? Although Ashe is a good harasser, I that farming (last hitting) is more effective because Ashe is pretty weak until mid/late game. The quicker you get those core items, the better.

Core items in my opinion:
- IE
- Bloodthirster
- Boots 3 unless they AP heavy then get Mercury Treads

Sub-core items:
- Madrids Bloodrazor
- Last Whisperer (if they are stacking armor) or wits end (if they are AP heavy).
- Phantom Dancer
- Brutalizer (a possibility, altho not my first choice, and should be sold late game if the game goes on for a long time)

This should be your final build with the remote possibility of replacing one of the sub-core items with second Bloodthirster or maybe (not my favorite) a Black Cleaver.

The order you get items can vary, but should follow one of these 3 options:

1) dorans blade + hp/mp
2) rush BF sword/pick axe
3) basic boots
4) complete IE
5) boots 3
6) BF sword
7) Bloodthirster/recurve bow

Option 2:

1) broad sword
2) rush brutalizer
3) boots
4) BF
5) IE

Option 3:

I personally stack Quintescences of Avarice, have a point in greed and will rush an avarice blade (before rushing a BF/pickaxe and then IE) I will use teleport at +-3min into game to get avarice blade. With all of the above, 9 extra gold ever 10mins adds a lot of gold (a little over 2000 by end of a decent length game).

I put 1 point in frost shot and then put points into volley and hawkshot evenly to gain more gold.

This strat is risky though and I would only recommend it if you are proficient at last hitting creeps. You will not be able to harass your opponent early game with this build, but you will (if all goes as planned) become a DPS ***** quickly and will be unstoppable late game especially when you are drinking elixirs every time you spawn.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
those item builds are actually pretty bad for ashe. option 2 gets a brutalizer first, which is good, but then it goes down the same path as the others.

you should read through my posts in this thread about how ashe should be built.

Your way isn't the only way to build Ashe, though it is pretty good. Rushing an Infinity Edge can be perfectly viable. I've played that way and your build and there's not a huge difference. Your build relies more on your abilities, the IE relies on your auto-attacks.

S B

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
those item builds are actually pretty bad for ashe. option 2 gets a brutalizer first, which is good, but then it goes down the same path as the others.

you should read through my posts in this thread about how ashe should be built.
Yea I agree with ricklessabandon on Ajaxanon's build, that didn't seem too solid of a build but whatever works for him. There are only so many ways to build Ashe, a bloodthirster is nice on Ashe, but I would rank a Ghostblade over Bloodthirster as a must. IE of course is a core item (I finish mines a little later in the game than most would) and boots really are important, he begins his way too deep into the game.

But all in all, Ashe does have a certain play style, but you yourself know your limits better than anyone and should be focusing on finding out your own build with the advice given here. Just keep playing more games with her (or any champ for that matter) and you'll find the build that fits you best and helps your team win.

Ajaxanon

09-27-2010

I read through all the posts in this thread with much interest. Could anyone who doesn't think my guide is the best way to play Ashe please comment on its specific weak points (I want to improve my build for her)? I do agree though that each person has unique and sometime idiosyncratic play styles that just work for them, but certain core strategies should be kept in consideration.

In general, I prefer an AD heavy Ashe over an AS one because of the effects of IE and +20% crit damage runes and the mana cost of frost shot, but some AS is definitely necessary.

I used to play Youmuu's ghostblade religiously, but have since moved away from using it. After reading the posts in this thread though, I am considering trying it again.

WTFyrz

09-27-2010

Well, here is a newer list with most inputted ideas.
1. Boots of Speed + 3 Hp pots
2. The Brutalizer
3. Boots of Speed -> Boots of Swftness or Mercury Treads
4. Youmuu's Ghostblade.
5. The Brutalizer
6. Infinity Edge
7. Phantom Dancer - I like using this with IE.
8. Guardian Angel
Situational items if needed. For example, AP people pissing me off = negatron cloak

flintlockglock

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFyrz View Post
So i want help on my ashe build? HELP?
1. Boots of Speed + 3 red pots
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. IE
4. Last Whisper
5. BLack CLeaver
6. Phantom Dancer

Mana Cystal+ Health Pots to Start

Farm, you should b around 1500 mark.

Catalyst (priority) Basic Boots

return to lane.

Farm (catalyst should keep you in lane indefinitely, if it doesn't you're doing it wrong)

Merc Treads, Brutalizer + Re-curve Bow

Then

bf sword---> I.E
Recurve bow---->Madreds
Some kind of life steal (executioners calling, bloodthirster, it's all situational)
Banishees viel

The build is important, but so is how you play her.

Spam your e, steal buffs with splash damage from arrow, always make sure you have arrow up for team fights, steal dragon with arrows splash damage, etc.

Frankly, a good ashe should rarely let the other team control jungle, just by virtue of stealing buffs/dragon. This is HARD TO TIME but is perfectly doable if you ward well and pay attention.

xxxburnagexxx

Recruiter

09-28-2010

well i like AD ashe like the first item i get is att speed boots/last wishper or malandy your chose/infinity

xxxburnagexxx

Recruiter

09-28-2010

well i like AD ashe like the first item i get is att speed boots/last wishper or malandy your chose/infinity edge/ blood thurister/ then wat ever u like and there aya go