Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

4v5 from the start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baleofvale

10-10-2012

4v5 for the whole game ? I've never seen a win.

ganjagod123

10-31-2012

I've only had one good long game as 4v5 and even then we couldn't hold on late game, the lineup was gp, tf, darius, and draven, forget the other team, anyhow the key to it was that tf had his warp, draven ult helps cap while getting to turrets as does gp, so other champs that could do similar would be karthus, ashe, and ez for long range turret cap counters, panth is alright but since they put range on his leap it's not the same

ended up about a 20 point game in the end

anyhow that's my 2 cents

A12MO12

11-01-2012

of over 3000 dominion games i can say i probably only won two 4 v 5 games total. This is games where the player was afk entire game. The reason for the wins was due to having champs that scale very well into late game and always running as a group and controlling jungle.

The one game i remember a jax and me(on pantheon) straight up carried a game hard and ended up with 56 kills between the two of us (28 kills or so each). With i believe a maokai that successfully defended bot lane and I dont really remember who else we had.

So if you find youself 4 v5 you have only a few options.
1) gank bot lane immediately and force their revive if successful
2) turtle 2 points and hope team mate reconnects
3) try and hold it out to late game if your champion scales well ( such as jax, jayce, ryze, vayne, etc).
4) have bot lane push his/her lane and have them come to jungle to try and gank someone coming up to windmill.
5) Buy early defensive items since most fights will take place under towers (enemy diving you)
6) Hope your team mate reconnects.
7) if all else fails, blame nekrogen

Thats about it, it is extremely hard to win 4 v 5 but not impossible.

DiscworldDeath

11-02-2012

It's exceedingly rare and tough.

Seen 4v5 teams almost win, like 10 times. Or be way behind in points, but still have the game take over 20 mins because they were so resilient.

So never give up hope, which brings me to my next point. Seen several times someone reconnect 20 mins into the game, and then their team pulling like a 350 pt comeback.

Proper 4v5 wins or nearly so? Really hard. Once had our bot laner d/c at 10 mins. We probably only won because they kept running bot lane one after the other and I could kill them, and we still nearly lost from over 200 points ahead.
The other 4v5 win I had probably doesn't count. I was smurfing (playing on NA), and played Jax, and it was just kind of unfair...

Tempestphile

11-02-2012

I've had games where we had disconnects until 5 6 minutes in of the game (our nexus health is typical down by 200)

But if 4v5 from start to end, i wish you all the best

One good thing to do is gank bot more, and try to peel as much as you can, catch the single and wadering

Palladine

11-02-2012

I've had a few good 4v4 Dom matches when one player on both teams doesn't make it out of the loading screen :P

MrSmileyy

11-02-2012

I won a 4v5 dom once...but thats just rigged elo matchmaking haha, usually the game ends pretty fast though...

Ikruti

11-02-2012

It's definitely possible, I've done it before, though it is a bit difficult.

The two strategies I've seen work before are a) defend mid/bot like mad and stall for the 5th to return and b) backcap backcap backcap.

As an opening gambit, I've two different strategies work pretty well. Either rush their mid instead of top to force them to split up (if they send all 4 just split up and cap top and run away from the mid) or send a beautiful 4v1 gank bot.

FCFY

11-02-2012

I've won 1 4v5 that I explicitly remember because I was playing Vayne, and me and this baller Malph ran around and killed everyone. The fact that we ended up winning was hilarious, but it was definitely a fluke. The other team was just really, really bad.

However, I've had plenty of comeback wins when starting with a d/c or afk. I've noticed in my games that if we manage to hold them and not get completely owned right away, that it leads to a crushing victory when our 5th comes back. I've had so many games be 450-250 around 8 minutes, only for our 5th to return and completely overwhelm our opponents, eventually winning like 200-0. Granted, this doesn't always happen and I've lost plenty of matches too, but the thing about dom is 2-3 good caps/engages/fights can completely turn a game on its head.