I've got reported by a player who wished death to my mother. Haven't broke any rule.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

This person got punished for unorthodox picks... It happened to me in the past and Lyte basically did exactly the same thing:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=27627272

Since I have already been through this road I'll give you some important advice:
- COMMUNICATE BETTER!

Yea that's basically it... pick whatever you feel like but talk to your team IN ADVANCE.

If you are playing draft normal/ranked... just tell them EARLY.
- Hey I'm going to play jungle hecarim
- Hey I want to play AD soraka..

Also BE WILLING TO ADAPT... Instant locking one champion is not against the rule but it is kinda rude and after all you are part of the team. I'm not saying you have to change your champions but you should present options and be very communicative.

I still play Jungle Zyra, Jungle Blitz, Support Zyra, top ryze, mid yorick, and many others. But as soon as I get into the game I tell my allies what I want and what I dont want to do and I tell them several alternatives.

For example:
- Hey guys... I'm not good at ADC or Support... but if you want me I can take an AP carry bottom
- Everyone I'm banning SUPPORT champions, tell me FAST if you want one so I dont ban it
- I'm planning to do jungle blitz.
- I locked AP mid Yi... they say "AP mid? why?"... I say "AP Yi is my most played champ so I like playing him".

Sometimes I get responses like:
- Team: "Jungle blitz is troll"
- Me: "I'm very good with jungle blitz, sorry if you dont approve it, doing my best to win".

- Team: " Jungle zyra... are you kidding me?"
- Team: "I'll report you if you feed"
- Me: "I have tons of experience with jungle zyra, I do well, but I'm not perfect and sometimes I have bad games. I'll do my best to win"

Since you have been unbanned I can guarantee that you have been polite (Lyte wouldn't unban you otherwise)... so communicate better and you should be clear off trouble.

Gonzodamus

10-05-2012

Hey, check that out. The people who actually deserve to be unbanned are unbanned while the ones that totally and completely earned their punishments stay banned. Huzzah!

Nanfoodle

10-05-2012

Wooohooo! I'm proud of Riot pulling through on this one. Based on this group of cases he does not deserve a ban.

Would it be fair for you to be auto convicted of theft with no evidence because it was on your track record?

Looks like the guy arguing with me on page 3 better eat his shorts now. FOR JUSTICE!

KevinDelMarr

10-05-2012

Wait, picking Vlad Top leads to negative experiences? Seemed like a good pick to me

sugarcrotch

10-05-2012

well good **** glad to see op got unbanned i looked at the card and was surprised to see a punish as i would have pardoned since their was no clear evidence he was trolling/feeding

Nasdrovia499

10-05-2012

F*ck you, period.
You weren't banned for unorthodox picks. You were banned because you consistently failed REALLY hard, ruined it for your team in various ways, not to mention your sh*tty "tribunal wh*re" behavior. So transparent I can't believe Lyte fell for it.

From what I've read in your report card : steal cs from your carry as support, refused to ward when asked to - still as support, fed like crazy and didn't listen to your team - they asked you 3 TIMES to play safe as Taric, and 3 times you attacked and failed. Lvl 1 at 5 minutes ? Really ? Next, c*cky attitude when you actually failed - contrary to this thread OP, you NEVER acknowledged your bullsh*t mistakes, called your teammates kids / children / etc, told them you had "a masterplan" and trash like that.

Tbh, it's sad but I'd rather have 100 players like your polish Trist who insults each one of my family members - I'll just mute and move on. If I have a trash player like you, I have to endure it for 20 minutes and watch in awe as you fail over and over, and apparently don't even mind or care to apologize.

Btw, I find pretty hilarious that your only way to be around 1700 is to spam and abuse Alistar, and play support or Yorick when Ali isn't available. And even so, you fail hard, headbutt minions, die at lvl 1 in lane as Taric, start with only 1 ward vs a Nunu....Basically you only play support and you don't even know the basics. Shows how much of a valuable player you are.

Elanorien

Recruiter

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UninstaII Life View Post
In before Tribunal apologists desperately try to rationalize yet another false positive.

UPDATE: Only 11 posts in and we've got our first (Divest King), but it looks like most of the usual bootlicks are keeping a low profile this time around.

Haven't even read the rest of the thread, but felt the need to reply to this jack nut. I don't think I've seen many Tribunal "apologists", as the Tribunal rarely needs defending, it's actions speak for itself. The vast majority of people who post threads like this did indeed deserve their reports, no need to defend, it worked as intended.

On the rare occasion a thread pops up where the OP really SHOULD have been pardoned, most Tribunal participants and posters acknowledge that. It's by no means a perfect system, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find any "apologist" who thinks it is.

How much you wanna bet this guy's been perma-banned before? The guilty are always the biggest victims, poor dears /sigh.

Rob Lockster

Recruiter

10-05-2012

To anyone further complaining about this: Lyte took time out of working at the world championship to check out a person's reports and recent playing and giving that person a second chance. It means that he judged him to be fine. Riot staff are known for being even more harsh than the player base for punishing. Trust the judgement of the reds. Trust that he did go through the cases as he said and recognized the person trying to improve. The person that has had the ban lifted will further try to improve him/herself for the better given this chance. So why poison it with messages of wishing the person is banned? Be happy that someone is improving. Be happy the the staff cares. Don't be so negative about the outcome.

ShiinChan

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You admit to playing unorthodox roles a lot, which is fine in League of Legends; however, in many games you don't communicate this well with your teammates. When you don't communicate with them or surprise them with unorthodox picks, then happen to play poorly, their frustration leads to anger and toxicity which then leads to reports. .

Please make a normal player account, try to communicate a non meta tournament pick and see how well that goes over...

I play Malzahar bottom lane instead of ADC. It works wonderfully well after lvl 3 Malefic Visions. I convey this to my team all the time politely, and i get called so many expletives the pope would burst in flames. I get called names of homosexual degrading, people dont care what you have to say.. they care about what was played in the last major tournament, and if you dont pick exactly what is in the tournies, and build that way... you get bashed flamed and reported for trolling......

You can see in most of those chat logs they are harassing him hardcore... foul language and the such..

you wanna make this legit.. ban those people too.

Also the Tribunal is filled with the trolls of the game troll banning, ive talked to 3 people who me "I go on the tribunal and just hit punish as many times as i can a day and dont even read the reports"

I have friends who know people who do this...

Tribunal is broken and totally stupid. Have a team that knows the summoner code and have them review the ban reports, then you will have a good system.

Also ban those that in the tribunal that -aren't- reported yet break the code such as the harassment, the swearing, the a-hole behavior... you do nothing to those.

Tribunal = horrible system

Xander756

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
Haven't even read the rest of the thread, but felt the need to reply to this jack nut. I don't think I've seen many Tribunal "apologists", as the Tribunal rarely needs defending, it's actions speak for itself. The vast majority of people who post threads like this did indeed deserve their reports, no need to defend, it worked as intended.

On the rare occasion a thread pops up where the OP really SHOULD have been pardoned, most Tribunal participants and posters acknowledge that. It's by no means a perfect system, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find any "apologist" who thinks it is.

How much you wanna bet this guy's been perma-banned before? The guilty are always the biggest victims, poor dears /sigh.
No the Tribunal is a horribly broken system that is threatening to ruin this game completely. And that's coming from someone who has never once been banned or suspended.