Shaco advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kupo Kuddles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

So, I just picked up Shaco for Dom, and I've been having fun with him, but since I'm still pretty new to him, I figured I should look for advice on how to use him, such as builds and masteries. Help me, forum minions!

NamKim

10-06-2012

Unfortunately, I am not very knowledgeable about using Shaco, since I do not even own him. But Sauron's guide does offer some basic advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
[highlight][b]
Shaco:
Masteries: 21-9-0
Runes: ArPen, flat Armor, scaling MR, ArPen quints
Order: Q->E->W
Items: Mobility, Ghostblade, Trinity, LW, Infinity, Executioner's
Strategy: Shaco is an excellent ganker, and his boxes will give escape routes for when people converge on him. When Q'ing to get away from enemies, it helps to be running in the wrong direction just before you do it, and to also do it in a weird direction. Many people will guess that you deceived on the standard flee path and chase there. When Sweepers start getting around, Shaco should focus a lot more on ganking bot repeatedly to avoid the stealth detection, though his boxes in the enemy jungle will still be helpful. He is an assassin, but his ult will let him do some pretty nasty 1v1 duels. Shaco generally isn't with his team when moving through the jungle, or at the very least out of sight to anyone looking to gank your team from the brushes.

XantheInsane

10-06-2012

JUSt REMEMBER IT IS ALWAYS WORTH IT, 100%.

Kiddalee

10-06-2012

Help in teamfights. Be an annoying, slippery little ****, but please, help in teamfights.

AD Shaco does more damage. Dem stealth crits. NamKim sent you the build.

When people refer to "AP Shaco," they are not referring to a build. They are actually referring to a too popular playstyle. You build box nests and bait people into them. It gets predictable, and you're never around to help your team. The infamous playstyle gives the build a bad rap. Of course, you don't have to have that playstyle whenever you build AP. Try DFG and Sweeper for AP. AD scales better in the end, though.

Malah

10-06-2012

Builds and masteries can be looked up anywhere. Playstyle is more important.

The top two things you can do as Shaco are remember to box up the jungle and don't die. Deceive unpredictably, put boxes down to cover your escape, juke with your clone and the deceive jump, but just don't get caught and die. The longer you're alive, the more damage you can do, and that Shaco global taunt is strong when you continually piss off the enemy team.

When it comes to builds, AD Shaco is going to be the more traditional assassin who's going to jump on someone's back and start stabbing. AP Shaco is based more around map control with boxes (not that AD shouldn't be using boxes anyway!) and poking people down. It's ridiculously hard to nail down and has strong point defense, but doesn't actually do much in a team fight once your cooldowns go down due to BMS (AKA Burst Mage Syndrome). DFG-LB can actually dish out a lot of burst damage on demand, but you still run into BMS. Without your clone you can basically toss knives and troll people with deceive if they have the brain cells to hit your box once or twice before it activates.