Bugsplat error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkeblue

10-05-2012

Reposting this from my Support message in case someone catches this one first:

I have had this issue since yesterday morning. I have been trying to play normal and custom games on the normal 5v5 Summoner's Rift map, but every time I get to the Champion splash art loading screen, my game crashes after about 1-3 seconds, and I receive the Bug Splat error report. I have tested custom games on the other 3 maps, and they all load me into the game with no problem. I played about 3 or 4 games on the Twisted Treeline map yesterday with my friends with no issues, but for the past 24 hours I have had no success with Summoner's Rift.

I am a software tester myself, so I have a good idea of what I can rule out. As stated previously, I have tried normal games, custom matches, and even Battle Training, just to be sure the issue was with the SR map. If 3 of the 4 available maps are loading with any champion I choose without issue, then I can't be having a graphics card issue and clearly something is missing from the SR map files in my local folders. I also know that this has nothing to do with the Autumn/Winter versions of the map, as I tried a normal game with my friend last night, who was streaming, and I could clearly see that his game loaded the original (Summer?) map. I have tried repairing in the Launcher both regularly and after starting the Launcher as an Admin, and after doing this at least 6 times each in the last 24 hours, I am still unable to play on the SR map.

Attachment 536798
Attachment 536799
Attachment 536800

P0pps

10-05-2012

Same thing is happening with me.

No maps works (worked perfectly 2 days ago)

Right after champion select the bugsplat appearsm even before loading screen.

The Italian One

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Delete your client and reinstall and download it. worked for me.

Darkeblue

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian One View Post
Delete your client and reinstall and download it. worked for me.

That was actually one of the first things I did after two attempts to repair the client, sorry I forgot to mention it.

cottonycloud

10-05-2012

Same for me. It works for every other map though...so guess it's ranked TT!

Darkeblue

10-06-2012

Okay, I know this won't help everyone, but I remembered I had an install on an old computer of mine, so I updated it, ran it and it worked. Moved the Riot Games folder in C: and the League of Legends folder (wherever you stored it) to this comp and renamed the folders I had on here to Riot Games - Old and League of Legends - Old respectively. Ran the game using the folders from PC 2 and Summoner's Rift is working again.

I honestly don't see why critical files like the map.txt files and such are being overlooked in the repair function, I know it only gets altered maybe once or twice a year to make it festive, but c'mon Riot, I've watched the repair operation process like 8 times now, and I don't ever see map files or names crossing the bottom of the screen. I found map txt files missing from my DATA folder that wouldn't regenerate on any of the repairs or re-installs I performed, which I just don't understand at all. But I know enough about QA to know that everyone's locals are different, so anything can happen really. I'm just glad to play again, so whatever :P

Hacit

10-08-2012

Can we get a fix to this my friend cant play 5v5

Tag Rusty Nail

12-14-2012

i have been having this problem for about a weak, the problem is when ever i lock in my champ and the countdown gets to 0 and goes to champ load up i get bug splat and i have tryed everything that i have been told to try, if anyone knows how to fix it plz hlp

seductiveasian

12-14-2012

it's also happening to me, ever since the latest patch now.

Saddis1995

12-14-2012

ame...ever since that new patch...i would chose my char.. and the notice "prepare yourself the game is about to begin " would show...and then it would minimize to load but would never load. I would open it back up where i would see " game still in progress " with no reconnect button. Afterwards i would usually do one / all of these options
- close LoL and re open - this allows the reconnect button to show up but when i click it the game never reconnects but intsead minimizes
- i repaired it multiple times to no avail
- restart computer to no result

Can we please get some help with this it has caused me to leave two games in a row and i would hate to be banned for something as stupid as this that is not my fault :/