Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bugsplat error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkeblue

10-05-2012

Reposting this from my Support message in case someone catches this one first:

I have had this issue since yesterday morning. I have been trying to play normal and custom games on the normal 5v5 Summoner's Rift map, but every time I get to the Champion splash art loading screen, my game crashes after about 1-3 seconds, and I receive the Bug Splat error report. I have tested custom games on the other 3 maps, and they all load me into the game with no problem. I played about 3 or 4 games on the Twisted Treeline map yesterday with my friends with no issues, but for the past 24 hours I have had no success with Summoner's Rift.

I am a software tester myself, so I have a good idea of what I can rule out. As stated previously, I have tried normal games, custom matches, and even Battle Training, just to be sure the issue was with the SR map. If 3 of the 4 available maps are loading with any champion I choose without issue, then I can't be having a graphics card issue and clearly something is missing from the SR map files in my local folders. I also know that this has nothing to do with the Autumn/Winter versions of the map, as I tried a normal game with my friend last night, who was streaming, and I could clearly see that his game loaded the original (Summer?) map. I have tried repairing in the Launcher both regularly and after starting the Launcher as an Admin, and after doing this at least 6 times each in the last 24 hours, I am still unable to play on the SR map.

P0pps

10-05-2012

Same thing is happening with me.

No maps works (worked perfectly 2 days ago)

Right after champion select the bugsplat appearsm even before loading screen.

The Italian One

10-05-2012

Delete your client and reinstall and download it. worked for me.

Darkeblue

10-05-2012

Quote:
The Italian One:
Delete your client and reinstall and download it. worked for me.

That was actually one of the first things I did after two attempts to repair the client, sorry I forgot to mention it.

cottonycloud

10-05-2012

Same for me. It works for every other map though...so guess it's ranked TT!

Darkeblue

10-06-2012

Okay, I know this won't help everyone, but I remembered I had an install on an old computer of mine, so I updated it, ran it and it worked. Moved the Riot Games folder in C: and the League of Legends folder (wherever you stored it) to this comp and renamed the folders I had on here to Riot Games - Old and League of Legends - Old respectively. Ran the game using the folders from PC 2 and Summoner's Rift is working again.

I honestly don't see why critical files like the map.txt files and such are being overlooked in the repair function, I know it only gets altered maybe once or twice a year to make it festive, but c'mon Riot, I've watched the repair operation process like 8 times now, and I don't ever see map files or names crossing the bottom of the screen. I found map txt files missing from my DATA folder that wouldn't regenerate on any of the repairs or re-installs I performed, which I just don't understand at all. But I know enough about QA to know that everyone's locals are different, so anything can happen really. I'm just glad to play again, so whatever :P

Hacit

10-08-2012

Can we get a fix to this my friend cant play 5v5

Tag Rusty Nail

12-14-2012

i have been having this problem for about a weak, the problem is when ever i lock in my champ and the countdown gets to 0 and goes to champ load up i get bug splat and i have tryed everything that i have been told to try, if anyone knows how to fix it plz hlp

seductiveasian

12-14-2012

it's also happening to me, ever since the latest patch now.

Saddis1995

12-14-2012

ame...ever since that new patch...i would chose my char.. and the notice "prepare yourself the game is about to begin " would show...and then it would minimize to load but would never load. I would open it back up where i would see " game still in progress " with no reconnect button. Afterwards i would usually do one / all of these options
- close LoL and re open - this allows the reconnect button to show up but when i click it the game never reconnects but intsead minimizes
- i repaired it multiple times to no avail
- restart computer to no result

Can we please get some help with this it has caused me to leave two games in a row and i would hate to be banned for something as stupid as this that is not my fault :/