Banshee's Veil a Necessity: Just TOO good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xetal

12-02-2009

I think it needs a considerably longer cooldown. Something between 45 and 60 seconds.

Being able to completely negate a stun/silence/whatever every 30 seconds is too powerful for any item, especially one where the combine cost isn't amazingly high.

FalcoLombardi

12-02-2009

wow, I remember that I posted this same thing way back and the overwhelming response was "banshee's veil seems fine to me." Now it seems like the other way around. I think late game, it's not uncommon to see at least 3 players with banshee's veil on one team. It is simply *the* item to get. Not to menion it has a high amount of magic resist already.

Voidgolem

12-03-2009

Nerf immobilization spells so that people don't need it to, y'know, live.

Problem solved.

blackmoses

12-04-2009

extreemly useless item as stated in a previous post. People who fear BV are just horrible players. Any aoe skill will take it away. Just don't be stupid and pop your ult on someone who has the bubble on them. Waste of money and time. Besides it only stops magic spells. Tryndamere can still spin in kill the BV then slow and kill. Especially since ever time he crits is spin's CD gets reduced. you just have to change your strat a bit.

blackmoses

12-04-2009

nerf emobilazation spells? why not just get mercury treads untill end game? you people need to know how to change your item build based on the characters you're playing against.

Voidgolem

12-04-2009

People get merc treads anyway. They do nothing when literally the entire enemy team has some form of spell to that effect.

With the changes to Cleanse, it's at least not a guaranteed death when they pile 'em on you.

innociv

12-05-2009

Making it not block ults will further simplify the game, which nullifies your point.

Working on ults means it's important to use an unimportant skill(notably an aoe) to clear it.

Avinia can clear them like crazy.

Katsuni

12-06-2009

Keep in mind that it's not the bubble that's powerful on it, so much as the fact that it has a good chunk of HEALTH, MANA *AND* MAGIC RESIST.

These three things are exceptionally strong on virtually every champ, especially the magic resist + health combo.

It's good enough to the point that it's sometimes worth getting two banshee's veils over other magic resist items in some situations, despite the fact that the passive is unique.

The sheild's nice as well of course but can be easily removed. On the other hand, not every group happens to have highly spammable aoe either. No avinia, ashe, etc, and it kind of grows significantly in power.

Unfortunately, the sheild is one of those broken mechanics that can't be properly balanced no matter how many tweaks yeu make to it. It'll either always be too powerful or too weak with no real middle ground.

The only thing I can think of to make it even remotely balanced on the shield part, is make it only affect single target spells, but increase the cooldown to 45 seconds up from 30. And even that's not going to fully fix it since it literally is unfixable to a degree.

EchoRex

12-06-2009

I would mock the ****** until the end of time if I actually saw someone using two Banshee's Veils. Seriously, get a clue of itemization.

Voidgolem

12-06-2009

I'd rather get a force of nature as opposed to a second banshee's veil.

Then again, I pack cleanse. I don't get banshees all that much anymore >.>