Banshee's Veil a Necessity: Just TOO good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thatgooey

11-19-2009

Don't it work on ults? That seems like you put a lot of thought into it. Corki's missile is his weakest damage spell. Why should that be exempt just because it is an ulti? And you can't just make special cases for everything either. It would be ridiculous to have to remember everything. It's fine the way it is. All it does is add survivability. And like many people have said already, it is easy to counter by using a weak AoE spell to knock it out. Why would you burn your ulti on someone walking around with a bubble? If it pops up right before your ulti hits, well then they just got lucky. There really isn't much of an arguement to say it is OP or needs changing. Good item versus a caster-heavy team. Not so much vs mainly physical damage.

toomad

11-19-2009

Let someone with a spammable (or not very important at that moment) aoe skill remove the buff. Problem solved.

Some of the abilities I remember right now:

Heimerdinger's rockets
Ashe's volley
Tryn's shout
Sivir's spiral blade
Karthus' lay waste
Katarina's bouncing blade
Soraka's starfall
Corki's ultimate (missile barrage or so)

etc.

l2 play or l2 communicate or l2 team up

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2009

I think Banshee's veil should have a CD increase to at least 45 seconds. Or maybe even a minute! I've played in too many games where the other team just shuts down my team by getting banshee's veils whenever my team is primarily an AP based team.

nbsIqEqoMu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2009

All you need to do is use a less powerfull spell before your Ulti. Or have a teamate break the spell then hit him with everything you have. Just play smarter.

The Hye Circus

Senior Recruiter

11-28-2009

Funny, I think Banshee's Veil is too expensive, and too underpowered because of how easily it can be canceled by simple spells. I'd like to see it upgraded.

I mean, it's utterly useless in a game with Ashe. And if you're facing Ryze, he has three nukes anyway. I don't even bother getting it anymore due to its cost and relative uselessness.

Ak47

11-28-2009

It was me who suggested the 30 sec cd as opposed to the old 25 second one =D

I think it is not bad the way it is, all you need is a caster with low cooldowns and an aoe to easily counter a 5 veil team...soraka COUGH...

jerzy

11-30-2009

Banshee's Veil is not inclusive of all Champions in LoL. Katrina, Tryndermere and Dr. Mundo have absolutely no use for mana. With this said even if a team wanted to stack these on all Champions, it's a slightly bigger waste of money for those three as they are paying for stats they don't use.

Can we has a version of Banshee's veil with a stat other then mana?

EVILTeddy

11-30-2009

NuNu likess this item, but then again a team with two disables makes NuNu worthless when casting Zero ... we still need MKB in here.

ConeEtho

11-30-2009

Actually if anything banshee is underpowered. It is too easy to get rid of the bubble with spammable or AoE spells.

TheFeared

11-30-2009

I almost think it should get buffed if anything, 80% of the games i play in, there is an ashe on the other team (a very cheap over used hero, although most of these cases, my team will best her, but thats another story entirely) anyways, with her on the other team, BV is completely useless, i would think they should make it block only sinlge target spells, ie: rocket grab, bandage toss, infected cleaver.... skills that take actual skill to knock off your BV not some gay AoE volley that has twice the range of her normal attack and that also flies through creeps.....