Banshee's Veil a Necessity: Just TOO good.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

11-18-2009

Problem:

Bashee's Veil is too expensive. It's not fun to build and usually just feels like a chore.

Banshee's Veil is too desirable - with the focus on crowd control, slows, etc, in this game, your team always has the upper hand if you all have Banshee's Veil

Banshee's Veil is too stackable - 5 people with Banshee's veil totally disable a number of abilities in this game, such as Blitzkrank's gab and Twisted Fate's Ultimate. TOTALLY DISABLE. As in they do not work at all anymore. While I do believe these abilities need counters, putting them all into one item that makes you nigh invulnerable to special effects is silly.

Basically, BV is ruining the game, simply because it's simplifying the endgame into which team can all get BV first.

Suggested solution: Make Banshee's Veil more expensive.

Provide more variation on Banshee's Veil: Cheaper versions that block a spell on longer cooldowns.

Prevent Banshee's veil from blocking Ultimates, and think more about what they block. Nobody's Ultimate should be rendered totally unusable by one item.

mermin

11-18-2009

i hate spell blocking mechanics, i think banshees veil is too prevalent right now. It offers you everything, hp mana spell resist and spell block. I liked it better like linken's sphere in dota, a luxury item so you dont see a lot of it.

SuperStag

11-19-2009

I totally agree, and this synergizes with Catalyst rush, which is already a pubstomper.

Claxxess

11-19-2009

Signed, specially since I like having a strong offence and sometime leave out BV and ppl point at me and laugh =( not fun being the only person out of 10 without a blue bubble around me.
At the same time its not fun that ultimate s are countered by an item, they should all be excluded from the veil IMO and I am sure many ppl agree with this.

renticletape

11-19-2009

QQ. Play ashe, corki, or anyone with a cheap AOE to whipe it out before you engage. In my opinion, BV is useless against a team that knows how to counter it well. Or even better, stop relying so much on CC and get some damage or something. If anything is ruining the game its stacking CC. BV helps counter CC heavy champs. If your team is a CC stacking team who relies on stuns and disables, and your opponents build all BV's, your deserve to loose.

Lemt

11-19-2009

As renticletape said, use an AoE to clear banshees before engaging. You can counter the counter, so what's the fuss all about?

sartissian

11-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Problem:

Bashee's Veil is too expensive. . . .
Suggested solution: Make Banshee's Veil more expensive.
/boggle

Zeta

11-19-2009

Erm, read my post all the way though instead of quoting things out of context.

The problem is that Banshee's Veil effect is unique to it and it is not fun to build because of the price - it is also too expensivel, even for the power it provides. It is similar to paying several billion dollars for a nuclear bomb.

Yes, it is a good deal, but if you wanted to save up for that on minimum wage you would not have a happy life, shall we say.

Making Banshee's veil more expensive itself and providing less expensive. weaker versions. of it would help. People would get a similar effect for less cash and Banshee's Veil could be priced correctly because it would no longer be unique.

This has to go along with re-evaluating the item so that it won't totally neutralize certain abilities (like Twisted Fate's).

Fraenk

Adjudicator

11-19-2009

I have to disagree, I dont think that the Veil is overpowered/ its fine how it is now (maybe it needs a 5-10 secs more cd).
I personally just buy it when i got low health and i feel kinda focused in the game.
Furthermore your team is pretty much unbalanced if you dont have some AoE spells which can break the Veil and you have to consider that every penny you spend on Veil you cant spend in other cool equip.

Edit: Zomfgroflmao nörf black shield

Aekero

11-19-2009

Don't let it work on ults is all I would change about all spell shields, not just banshees veil. It gets way worse as someone said if you have an Ashe or Corki (which almost all games do I guess), but the solution shouldn't be to bring in a couple specialized heroes.