Sightstone just doesn't scale well into late game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggroll9000

12-14-2012

Sightstone just doesn't scale well into late game.

After you get the Ruby version, you got 3 wards. 3 wards doesn't do jack. When I support, I wanna light up the freakin map and I got only 6 very precious slots. Having only 3 wards take up a slot is bull****. This means I gotta buy more wards which is not a problem except I have to use 2 slots even if I just want 4 wards when you can have 5 in a slot if you just bought wards.

Please make a late game "Diamond Sightstone" with 5 wards or let people "charge" the stone with ward purchases or both. But right now, sightstone is a good early/mid game tool when you just ward bot with 2 or 3 wards but a tremendous slot hindrance late game when you need 5 at least on the map.

Support!!

ProfDrDeath

12-14-2012

Working as intended...

Sightstone is not supposed to replace Wards completely, it is just to ease the burden of warding on the support.

AlphaWolvesGamer

12-14-2012

Lane Phase, there are only 2 entrances you would ever really ward at all. One of them is the "Turret" Entrance which you only ward if you are afraid of someone turret diving you from behind, and the "Gank" Entrance which EVERYONE should ward. Outside of the turret entrance, you should normally only want to ward the Bushes if your opponents keep hiding in them so they can't be targeted.

Outside of lane phase, I can only see 3 main points you want to ward. Dragon, Baron, and current gank spot for your pushed lane. Sure, 6 wards out at any single time IS nice, but it just is so redunant and a waste of gold it feels to have a ward at enemy red buff when the buff is down and it doesn't respawn before the ward falls, and even if it does, sometimes the enemy takes red before anyone can react to it?

I always find myself using ruby and never found myself having "too little to use". Although, I would like to see it have 6 stacks, that way I wound't have to travel back to base to use the last 2 without already having a 3rd one out... it seems uneven with only 5 slots when you can have 3 out at a time.

catalyst1c

12-14-2012

fyi oricals is countered by it and it has a 5 min duration u dont have to worry bout ganks ever unless u dont pay attention....u just shut down the jungle .....not a end game item pah!

Devious Rogue

12-14-2012

Sightstone isn't suppose to scale well into late game. It gives you a tremendous advantage from when you get it till well into mid-game. You no longer need to worry over wasting wards to check bushes/objectives from across a wall or using wards to give an advantage to your team in fights because the wards refresh. If you take that advantage and can scale into lategame with it, the item wouldn't be brought by just support and we'd have a sightstone meta.

Collisionx

12-14-2012

i like the idea of sighstone. but i feel like they mayb should have did something diff with it. or mayb just left HoG in the game instead of making sightstone. if you really think about it the gold generated by HoG would somewhat make up for the wards you are placing from sightstone. and late game HoG built into a great item.

Ravors Malody

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDrDeath View Post
Working as intended...

Sightstone is not supposed to replace Wards completely, it is just to ease the burden of warding on the support.
No. it doesnt east the burden of support at its current item cost of 700 and 1300 respectively.
I would rather just buy 10 wards for 750 G than invest in that overpriced sightstone item. Its just a useless item, no sensible player would ever consider it in its current form.

just no, I dont understand why they do not simply code a special slot for consumables. very late game in less than 1% of all games you will end up with the situation where a player has so much gold they can buy everything. warding the entire map so what. the game is over and the other team is super fed. Deal with it.

Jynxz

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravors Malody View Post
No. it doesnt east the burden of support at its current item cost of 700 and 1300 respectively.
I would rather just buy 10 wards for 750 G than invest in that overpriced sightstone item. Its just a useless item, no sensible player would ever consider it in its current form.

just no, I dont understand why they do not simply code a special slot for consumables. very late game in less than 1% of all games you will end up with the situation where a player has so much gold they can buy everything. warding the entire map so what. the game is over and the other team is super fed. Deal with it.
I completely disagree with you... as a consisten support player, I LOVE THIS ITEM. I consistently have this an a few true sight wards on me at all times... it gives me the ability to constantly update my wards as needed. Makes my support build way more cost efficient early game and also keeps my lane safe. as we push late game it makes it easy to ward the edge of lanes your pushing to cut off a team in a team fight

Vuther

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravors Malody View Post

Go over the numbers.

750 gold, 10 wards for 3 minutes, placing them on both of bot-lane entrances lasts for 15 minutes.

Sightstone, 700 gold, 2 wards every 3 minutes assuming you don't make use of the total 4 wards at once if necessary, 150 gold every 3 minutes and 100 health. In 15 minutes of placing both wards, you have 750 gold's worth of wards and 100 health, all in one neat little inventory slot. Place your both wards a few more times for 150 gold every 3 minutes for free.

Ruby Sightstone, 1300 gold, 3 wards every 3 minutes assuming you don't make use of the total 5 wards at once if necessary, 225 gold every 3 minutes, and 300 health. In 15 minutes of placing all three wards wards, you have 1125's gold worth of wards and 300 health. Place all three wards a few more times for 225 gold's worth of wards every 3 minutes for free.

Or you could just spend 750 gold on 10 wards for vision of both of bot lane's entrances for 15 minutes and cry yourself to sleep when the enemy narrowly kills you because you didn't have 100-300 health more.

Now see sense and just ****ing buy Sightstone if you really want wards.

Late-game slot for consumables also creates more problems than it solves. Namely that supports still have no gold without Sightstone. Warding the entire map when everyone is super fed is a big problem because why would you try to do anything when the enemy sees you in plain view every time you try it? Epic stagnation it is.

TFFoS

12-14-2012

Sightstones are effing wonderful. If you need more item space as a support, just sell your crystalline flask.