Give Liandry's a Minimum Damage Amount?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

12-14-2012

Give it a minimum damage of 30/60 or something. Nothing high or outrageous, but a little something that makes the passive (more) useful in the later stages of a fight.

IonDragonX

12-14-2012

The only reason it made it to SR is because they made it "current health" instead of "max health"

Gailie

12-14-2012

While it's a good suggestion, atm Lindary's is so powerful that I doubt anyone is going to consider nerfing it, in fact I am surprised the board has not erupted yet... I recommend taking cover.

Aeaeros

Master Recruiter

12-14-2012

It's really not, except on a few champions, namely Eemo.

It over-rides itself, even with weaker effects and the effects do not stack. And again, current health. The item is especially weak except for Eemo's shrooms.

GurkenMAN

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailie View Post
While it's a good suggestion, atm Lindary's is so powerful that I doubt anyone is going to consider nerfing it, in fact I am surprised the board has not erupted yet... I recommend taking cover.
Lol.
Explain where this is OP, pls...

Gailie

12-16-2012

How does it override itself? It has both mpen and % hp damage, meaning that it is difficult to counter with a single stat. Throw in a void staff and you are basically dealing a percentage of the enemies HP as true damage. Any spammy caster can take advantage of this like Teemo, Karthus, or Cass.

OdiIon

12-16-2012

The sad thing is that Liandry's is good on any champ with medium level AP damage. It's not really meant for burst AP like Veigar or Galio. It's more suited for every other AP champ such as;

Xerath, Zyra, TF, Swain, Viktor. Although I feel like Rylai's + Liandry's currently is far too strong. They become so tanky and the sustained AP damage is just outrageous.

67chrome

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Rogue View Post
Give it a minimum damage of 30/60 or something. Nothing high or outrageous, but a little something that makes the passive (more) useful in the later stages of a fight.
So a minimum bonus of the equivalent of around a ~60 to ~120 AP boost? Really? Call me crazy, but that seems like complete and total overkill. Especially considering you're already getting a solid mix of ability power, magic penetration, and health outside of the passive.

DuhSwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Honestly Liandry's is fine the way it is, it works well with Fizz and Brand to my experience. If it was Max HP it'd be too OP, and honestly the way I see it Liandry's is only to do more DPS during long term fights, not to finish someone off, that'd kill the point of ignite.

Apollinarius

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaeros View Post
It's really not, except on a few champions, namely Eemo.

It over-rides itself, even with weaker effects and the effects do not stack. And again, current health. The item is especially weak except for Eemo's shrooms.
It synergizes insanely well with Rylai's. A Mordekaiser with those two items will kill you from 100 to 0 with just his ult. It does 3.33% of current HP. On a standard 2k HP target going from full to half HP, it will have gone from 133 dps to 67 dps. If it was only being refreshed (with no additional damage from skills) it would reduce a 2k HP target to 50% health in 10 seconds.

It also allows casters to ignore health stacking on enemy champions. It's basically the old DFG converted into an initiator item.