Has anyone done well with Twisted Fate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

10-05-2012

I've never really liked the pac gimmick. The gold card stun is really the only thing that keeps him remotely survivable in fights, but the fussing with it causes mistakes and delays in desperate fights that lead to a dead TF. If the other cards had strong uses I could see the point of the needless skillcap increase to balance out the utility, but they really don't. Blue card is just an early laning sustain skill, and red card is almost never useful since wild cards do a sufficient job of aoeing minions. Pulling a blue card outside of the SR laning phase usually mean TF is about to die. I won't even get into how utterly worthless his passive is, even on SR where people end with 300 cs.

I find it kind of confusing that they're spending the time and energy with a model overhaul without a full rework to go with it. That ult simply needs to be changed or the rest of his kit will forever suffer.

Eyemite

10-05-2012

After many wins and losses with this champ, I would say he needs a revamp.
-For AP his ratios are utter trash and his E is an after thought.
-For Ad as stated he has no range and 0 mobility/escape.
-Hybrid feels mediocre to me.

While I like the idea of the "pick a card" mechanic and am proficient at using it I would almost prefer having to deal with mana without a blue card and having a red/gold card hybrid that stuns the target and aoe slows just to make him a bit more fluid.

Duelpower

10-06-2012

I have seen one or two in my time here thus far.

One was AP and the other was on-hit effects. They both did well because of their constant bot lane ganks. He could possibly fit in on a 4 stun lineup for top lane, but he is so damn squishy and slow.

David12596

10-06-2012

I honestly feel a change that TF needs to make his W have less draw backs is you need to be able to toggle through the cards. Meaning for example: Starts at blue at default, red next, gold next, blue, etc. You switch the card you are currently holding by repressing W to cycle through them.

This would act as a on hit effect spell, so if you just press W in the middle of auto attacking it will throw a blue card for this example. Why some might argue that this is bad; I truly feel it would just add more skill to the spell (you have to stop auto attacking for a second), while letting the players playing TF have more direct control over it.

Full Brain

10-06-2012

I tried playing him once and realized that his potential didn't scale well enough with his difficulty level so I never played him again. If you want to be good with TF you need to play him often.

Method512

10-10-2012

He's pretty good in ap. Even if some people complain about his ratios, I've never had a problem with him. The only thing I don't like about him is his e because I suck at landing it.

Also, after having deathcap and lich bane, dat burst!

I don't think he is as good as ad, but he's is so much fun to play both ad or ap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I've won one game where I went AP top in solo queue. Wild Cards do amazing poke damage and are quite spammable. He is also a good ganker of bottom lane with his stun and global TP.
This. Also, the blue card almost gives you infinite poke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
His damage too low for Dominion -_-
*cough* ulti....steal points *cough*

And even if he's loosing on bot you can hold your lane by throwing them q's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Blue card is just an early laning sustain skill, and red card is almost never useful since wild cards do a sufficient job of aoeing minions. Pulling a blue card outside of the SR laning phase usually mean TF is about to die. I won't even get into how utterly worthless his passive is, even on SR where people end with 300 cs.

I find it kind of confusing that they're spending the time and energy with a model overhaul without a full rework to go with it. That ult simply needs to be changed or the rest of his kit will forever suffer.
I think blue is fine, red should slow as or give a slight magic/armor pen.
The range of the ulti should also increase every time you level it up.

And I agree a bit with the passive, but I don't think that he sucks overall.

konfetarius

10-10-2012

Quote:
*cough* ulti....steal points *cough*
There are better heroes for that because their mobility isn't tied to a massive, telegraphed cooldown. Not to mention that a good point thief is actually capable of standing up to the average dominion champion in a 1 on 1 fight. What is TF going to kill without getting a drop on it? An underfarmed AD carry?

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

seen him work as AD/AS TF but he's just kinda meh

Method512

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
There are better heroes for that because their mobility isn't tied to a massive, telegraphed cooldown. Not to mention that a good point thief is actually capable of standing up to the average dominion champion in a 1 on 1 fight. What is TF going to kill without getting a drop on it? An underfarmed AD carry?
Yes there are.

I'm not saying that that's the only thing he can do, if he's good for SR, then in dominon he will do just as great in bot.

The teleport is more to help top. Also, I don't go full 1vs1 match. I poke until they either go b or simply die. I don't usually trade with him.

CarryEnemyTeam

10-10-2012

google misaya twisted fate, clgeu had to ban twisted fate every game so he doesn't get him