I don't like Victorious Janna splash.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

10-05-2012

This makes me want to cry.

You know why? Because I love that art. I want to have that skin so badly, even more than the Jarvan skin from S1. Janna is my main. The Tempest Janna skin is the reason I started spending RP on the game in the first place. And yet, I'll never get this skin, no matter how much I may want it.

So don't whine that the art isn't to your liking. For every person like you who gets the skin but doesn't like the art, there is someone who'd love to have that skin because it is awesome. But he never will, because it's not something you can just buy.

Aquelarres

10-05-2012

One of the best art splashs ever, if not the best.

She's not flying because the fight is over, she's victorious.

Use your head.

PallasAthens

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Look down at the ground, Open up your eyes wide and Take a picture of yourself. How cool do you look? Im no splash artist, but I am an artist. In my opinion she looks very thoughtful and introspective in this splash art. I think that is what the Artist is communicating.
Yeah but...I'm pretty sure being thoughtful in the middle of a battle will get you killed.

Just saying. You don't have time to contemplate a flower while you're being attacked.

Kedali

10-05-2012

It's nice art, but since when does Janna walk? Making a splash with Janna on the ground is like making a splash of Blitz floating in the air.

Sharag

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
This makes me want to cry.

You know why? Because I love that art. I want to have that skin so badly, even more than the Jarvan skin from S1. Janna is my main. The Tempest Janna skin is the reason I started spending RP on the game in the first place. And yet, I'll never get this skin, no matter how much I may want it.

So don't whine that the art isn't to your liking. For every person like you who gets the skin but doesn't like the art, there is someone who'd love to have that skin because it is awesome. But he never will, because it's not something you can just buy.

I'm not allowed to dislike it?

Riot is setting high standards for themselves and naturally, the community are going to hold them up to those standards. Not to mention that artists themselves should welcome any critique (positive AND negative) and learn from it.

This is my personal critique. I don't think the splash itself is bad at all. But I don't like what it conveys as opposed to what it's supposed to convey. Especially if it's called Victorious Janna.

Riot is not forced to do anything, but they said it themselves that their goal is to make their players happy, because it's a win-win situation. If enough people agree with me, then it would be ok if Riot made that small change (Janna's eyes).

TBH, I don't think this thread will gain that mass popularity that Lux splash did, but I still wanted to share my opinion and I am grateful to everyone in this thread for continuing the discussion.

Sharag

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarres View Post
One of the best art splashs ever, if not the best.

She's not flying because the fight is over, she's victorious.

Use your head.
Is she?

That's my point this entire time. If you didn't know the name of the skin, would you ever call it Victorious Janna?

Gløry

10-05-2012

looks like I Dream of Jeanie

Quadriplegic

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG 10000 View Post
blonde hair brown eyebrows o-O
I have reddish brown hair and blonde eyebrows. Hater.

XElement

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Look down at the ground, Open up your eyes wide and Take a picture of yourself. How cool do you look? Im no splash artist, but I am an artist. In my opinion she looks very thoughtful and introspective in this splash art. I think that is what the Artist is communicating.
Good job on TF!

Tenmar

10-05-2012

The problem is her face. Red eyes and a very...elvish look. Honestly I'd say it is more of the setting as the color of the armor is off. The model is fine but the splash is trash.