Leaver Buster Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheathKnightVC

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of T3h Ring View Post
1. About >5% of games idled will trigger leaverbuster, or leaving 2-3 games within a short time span. This can be like leaving one, playing like 5 and leaving another. That can get you banned as well. Even if you play 100 games, if you leave 3 games within a short time span (5-10 games) you probably will be banned as well. As a rule of thumb I would never try to leave a game within 20 games of another(your match history shows your past 20 games, so be careful if you see a leave in a normal game)

2. Leaver level 0- Default leaver level everybody starts with
Upon reaching Leaver level 1- Warning
Upon reaching Leaver level 2- 1 day ban
Upon reaching Leaver level 3- 3 days ban
Upon reaching Leaver level 4- 1 week ban
Upon reaching Leaver level 5(MAX)- 1 week ban?
Next punishment= Permanent ban.
3. Idling is most likely when you are at the fountain/standing in one place for more than 2 minutes. The system probably can detect if you are doing damage, moving or if you are actively using abilities, so if you aimlessly run around in circles in base, you will not be kicked for afking, but it will still be considered a leave because the system can see you never left the base.
Ive been lvl 0 and Im banned for the day Im still waiting!!!
I find this not fair considering my dad pulled me out of the game, by killing the network...

Jericho Hombre

01-30-2013

Short DCs happen in game sometimes. I play with a buddy and every once in a while one of our client's crash or one person lags to the point where we have to reset the computer. Obviously this puts us out for a few minutes but we've never once received a warning or ban.

If your with a friend and you have to do a system reset, have them tell the team in chat. I've generally found the team is ok with missing me for 2 minutes and having me come back when the alternative is being there the whole time but lagging so badly that I'm useless. Riot's an understanding company, just play as much as you can and you won't see issues.

*Heck I've even had to alt tab out for 30 seconds or so before to check a guide for a new champ. These things happen.

TailsMK4

01-30-2013

I sometimes get worried about this system since sometimes I get asked for a favor (like gathering trash) when I'm like 10-20 minutes into my match, and I usually will get an afk warning even though I have moved every time I walked back into my room (I even get these when I'm doing a custom match with just myself and bots...). There are just things in real life sometimes that I cannot see coming until after I have already started a match. I also sometimes crash at the beginning, but I try to reconnect right away. The players, fortunately, did not seem bothered that much by this, but I kind of worry about the system itself. More often than not I play every second of my matches, though, and when I do know something that will take several minutes to do is about to come, I just idle in the client lobby.

To basically explain my concern...I try the best I can to be a good example as a player (hence, for example, I have played 3 PVP matches and have received an Honorable Opponent award in all three), but sometimes things are beyond my control.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
and I usually will get an afk warning even though I have moved every time I walked back into my room
Working as intended...

Lord of T3h Ring

01-30-2013

Quote:
Ive been lvl 0 and Im banned for the day Im still waiting!!!
I find this not fair considering my dad pulled me out of the game, by killing the network...
Sometimes it can skip a level. Did you get a warning about leaving games? That counts as your first leaver level

Milo the Kitty

Recruiter

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowx13 View Post
Do you get leaver points if your game fails to load up? Cause sometimes LoL crashes before the game even starts (or has a missing dll warning thingo)...
Yes it definitely counts. In fact it seems to count multiple times if you try to get in and fail multiple times. I have friends that have earned leaver suspensions from a single game of doing that.

InfiniteParadox1

03-11-2013

So I recently got a 1-day suspension and I have a couple questions:

1) If I have to "Attempting to Reconnect" in the middle of the game a couple times, does that count as leaving a game?

2)Yesterday I got banned because of a game where I was stuck at loading screen.
Me and two people were at 100% and waiting for a third person who hadn't connected.
After 15 minutes of him being 0%, my League browser closed and I got banned?
I'm confused how this system works...

3) Is a one-day suspension 24-hrs or until the server time overturns?

Thank you.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-11-2013

1) No, it doesn't. (Unless however it is stuck there for several minutes, but 10-20s isn't going to cause it to think you left the game.) It's important to note that there's not really a distinction between 'leaving the game for the last five minutes' and 'spending the last five minutes of the game afk.' The fact that you left the game isn't what's getting flagged, it's spending time idle/'out of game.'

2) There is a weird bug/glitch/whatever you want to call it that freezes the loading screen; the rest of the game is taking place, but you're 'stuck' on the loading screen. Unfortunately there isn't really a good way to teach people about this, but you shouldn't get hit by it more than once (not the bug, but just sitting waiting for it to load). Heck, a lot of people will actually try to restart after a few minutes. (It won't take more than five minutes to wait for someone - I don't know the exact limit, but you won't be waiting 20min as a result of someone having a weak computer.) It's been a while since I've looked into it, but you should be able to tell it's stuck if nobody's percentage loaded or latency are changing. If nobody's latency is fluctuating at all, you know something is up. (Typically you get +- 5, with possible peaks depending on the quality of your connection.)

That said, you aren't suspended for a single leave; the leniency built into the system is to account for things like this.

3) 24 hours from the time it went active.

????

06-19-2013

I was wondering that, if youre disconnected and you had to close the client and open it up again will that count towards the leaver buster level.

BoilermakerL128

06-25-2013

I recently received a afk notice/leave notice when I havent left a single game. I did stay idle during 1 game where we had an Lol bot program feeding 0/11 and an afker, plus 2 team mates that would NOT surrender. What else would you like me to do in this situation besides afk to end it faster.

Also please get rid of the bot programs that I run nito when I play human vs ai. The bots just farm ip ip I believe hey get like 5 games a day free ip.