NA is a joke in E-sports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kejmur

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDIfan View Post
fighting games asians win

even in single player game asians hold all the records in speed running and highscores

I dont know about counterstrike though
Counterstrike is exception, in which Europe dominates (mostly Poland and Sweden, but there are others of course as well). But yeah, Asians are just born for E-sports I guess ?

Drewbie

10-05-2012

in Korea you dont have the NBA,NFL,MLB etc or many athletic sports to play and their culture is very heavy into lots of school work and being successful so turning to gaming just seems like it fits into the way Koreans live.....this from someone who has been to Seoul and stayed with a Korean family more than once

ArmySquirrel

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossf1re View Post
Ok except China was pretty much dominating in the Olympics. So...you're wrong
Yeah, they were winning, right up until they lost. Funny how they only won when they were hosting.

Malice the Red

10-05-2012

As I was watching the matches I noticed some of the NA/EU guys really need a haircut. I like let my hair grown long, but if you are trying to be the best at something, I don't think flipping your hair out of your eyes every 40 sec is such a good idea. =P

DrDucleus

10-05-2012

To be fair, is sucking in video game 'sports' really a bad thing? Maybe it seems like that to nerds.

Kejmur

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerpriest View Post
World Pokemaster is an American bro. Actually, for the most part the winners were all North American.
Emmm first American won competitive Pokemon championship last year, while it was earlier dominated by ONLY asians (to be more accurate Japanese). Reason for this was simple - while in the rest of the world Singles are much more popular (in other words 1on1), in Japan actually doubles are much more popular (2on2, 3vs3 is still kinda new). Problem with this is that Pokemon World Championship is ALWAYS played in doubles system, as it it much, much faster (anyone who plays competitive Pokemon know how long games between stall defensive teams or balanced may last, which is really unnatractive to watch for someone who's not into it, and offensive teams, especially hyper offense ones, are risky to use and one random hax may ruin game for them). It's a real shame that game creators insist on aiming game scenarios for kids, as the mechanical potential Pokemon has is massive (comparable to chess, NO, ITS NOT A JOKE).

Yeah, I mostly reached top10-20 on Smogon server in Ubers tiers, my favorite one .

But yeah, when it goes to FPS European and American teams still dominate, but this is exception. Asians just prefer games more based on strategy and it shows up.

Malice the Red

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDucleus View Post
To be fair, is sucking in video game 'sports' really a bad thing? Maybe it seems like that to nerds.
He said on a forum for a video game, the idiocy just dripping out of his mouth.

2ofSpades

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
Yep, and if he was the best tennis or badminton player or boxer or something, he'd have 3 medals.
I'm not sure why you are getting downvoted; it is true.

Blakev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Tsm are all asian, and those fps you're mentioning don't even count so basically... NA sucks in esports.

oohhyyeeaahh

10-05-2012

E-Sports is a joke