NA is a joke in E-sports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drewbie

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriedPrunes View Post
Well you obviously forgot there is a social stigma among video games in America. Even if your respected in NA E-sports no one will actually care in NA. Unlike in Korea where you are actually known.

Think of this.
Oddone walks around New York. No one except a few will care.
Cpt Jax walks around Seoul. Ppl will care
Finally! someone who gets it, i compared Korean e-sports to NA pro sports leagues in the sense of not revenue/salary wise but in TV coverage, player popularity, ads, billboards etc.
If you have been to Seoul you will know what i;m talking about

turrdfergason

10-05-2012

America has to lose at something right...

I mean its not like Americans have enough time to be the best in the world at virtually every Physical sport and e sports.........

Just give it some time.

Virtually Korean with a computer plays video games, thats not the case in America. I challenge Koreans to a basketball or football game and see what happens.

We just dont play games as much as they do, bottom line

tempnameA461

10-05-2012

There are only three real sports anyways.

Altrods

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossf1re View Post
I can't think of one major game where when Asian teams are participating, NA teams are considered stronger.

Of the top of my head, right now. In LoL and Starcraft 1 and 2, North America is pathetic compared to how the Asian players and teams play. It's funny though, I have to say North America was on the top of EVERYTHING, economically, technologically etc. Now they are just starting to lag behind the rest of the world...even in video games.

Also awesome meta in the games so far, really enjoying the change. Those Asian teams are incredible at adapting O.o

Downvoting? Typical
I've tried saying this before but no one believes me. This tournament makes it obvious if you aren't friends with certain people in NA you can't get on a team and you can't play in any SIGNIFICANT events which qualify you for this. All the events you'd have to play in you'd have to pay too much money to be a part of. It's bull**** and now we are seeing the consequences of a bull**** NA competitive system

Jwong3

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrdfergason View Post
America has to lose at something right...

I mean its not like Americans have enough time to be the best in the world at virtually every Physical sport and e sports.........

Just give it some time.

Virtually Korean with a computer plays video games, thats not the case in America. I challenge Koreans to a basketball or football game and see what happens.

We just dont play games as much as they do, bottom line
ignorance at its finest.

Drewbie

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailsupport548 View Post
There are only three real sports anyways.
sounds like you must be American?

turrdfergason

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwong3 View Post
ignorance at its finest.
what is ignorant about that? Also judging by the olympics, what is untrue about that?

tist

10-05-2012

White people are usually better in FPS type games

BloodGod22

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewbieQQ View Post
sounds like you must be American?
All capitalist scum sound alike right?

NorDicUn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

idk how many of u saw CLG vs invictus yesterday, but it was epic, before it stared riot were talking with em, and Invictus were so humble, there was a fatty guy talking good about hotshot, and then hotshot was like" i just want to win, i like to win Huehuehue" and then boom Invictus

Humble ppl will always win <3