How Does I Solo Top Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ras al Ghul

02-08-2012

What the title says. I want to try playing this guy on the side, all ready use Garen and Jarvan a lot solo top. Broadening my choices wouldn't hurt. So far I'm trying pure arpen marks/quints, armor seals, and mr glyphs. 21/9/0 for masteries, afraid he'll lose too much output if I go 9/21 instead.

Need your advice!

Unholy Conqueror

02-08-2012

Doran's or boots depending on laning opponent. Get W and E at 2 and 4 (which you choose is up to you, depends on lane). With the exception of Riven, laning against AD champs can be pretty easy. GP and Nasus are easily countered with Panth's passive for example. Nasus is especially easy to deny creep kills. Every now and then you'll play against someone squishy that can be easily harassed and zoned with your Q. If you're playing against someone that has innately high sustain you may run in to trouble. A different champion would be a better choice. Don't bother actually using your E until its level 2 or 3 (max it after Q).

As far as items go, there are a variety of ways to play. Personally I build tanky DPS (mallet, atmas, etc) but straight AD carry items like bloodthirster or infinity edge work well too. It depends on the team composition.

Deathfairy

02-08-2012

For masteries go 21/0/9 key being mana regen in utility. Alot of champs can win the lane by outlasting you mana pool. 21/2/7 works too but it is minior diff.

Starting items:
1) easy lane, like nasus or gp. Go for dorans.
2) ticky lane like a caster or maybe cho - boots + pots, so you can reach them
3) tough lane like riven or rene - cloth + 5 pots, sell cloth later on.

Runes:
ArPen, it give you most since it works for a pretty high base Q damage value, as well as best later on.
Yellow blue - preference i run armor/mr

So you come to a lane. You key job is to deny them farm from start so that thaey can't stack armor quickly enough. For example irelia who gets 30-40 creeps can stack armor to 140-150 and wreck you. So the longer you can deny them farm the longer you dominate the lane and eventually you cs advantage becomes too strong.

If they aren't horrid they would start with cloth + 5 pots (which they dont always do in <1400 anyway) 5 pots + cloth + armor runes = alot of sustain. So be careful with mana. Poke at lvl 1, try to get a melee hit in as well since due to shield you can trade well like that. At lvl 3 start to spam them with Q, zoning them away from creeps. Keep an eye out for Q melee, W ignite melee melee run after them and Q. This can can kill people from 400 hp or so at lvl 3.

Over all you #1 job as with garen is DOMINATE your lane. If you sit in lane at 0/0/0 with 140 cd vs 120 cs irelia ---- YOU LOST YOUR LANE. yes you are 20 cs ahead but you lost your lane in retrospect. Be agressive your passive lets you tower dive low hp opponents with out much issues, always keep an eye out for stuns/exausts/heals before you do it however. For example you lane vs wu, try to bait out his decoy and then jump in.

Tough oponents to watch for:
Yorik (impossible to lane vs)
ken, he outranges you with q so good ken will never let you touch him.
Rene, he can come in close and hit burst is harsh, this is a fair fight however in my opinion.
Riven/udyr. They can shield your spears, and out sustain your mana pool, riven can also dash in and put presure on you as well.

For items i build 2-3 dorans, they help you dominate your lane like no other item. Brut + ionic boots followed by BT. After that i start to build hp/atmas and last GA.

Mid-late game. This is where most panthions fall of hard. YOU ARE NOT A TANK. you should never initiate teamfights, small skirmishes is fine. Pretty much every fight should start with your ult. At lvl 3 it does 500-1000 aoe damage which isnot uncommon to get their whole team into it. That is 2500 to 5k damage from the start. IF they choose to run out, it effectively acts as CC since they arent't attacking during it, serves similar purpose as nunu's ult. Onc eyou jump in get on their ad/ap carry and burst them. IF you are ahead you and landed you ult on their carry you should be able to combo them down. Once they dead GET OUT and look for opportunity to go back in, dont stay and tank the damage while auto attacking not worth it.

FireTye

02-08-2012

Also, every 4 attacks you get to block one attack, so try not to waste it on a minion.

In a sense, it's a also a free Turret shot, ^_^.