my new updated guide for her.
- SKILL LvLing
- SMART CASTING
- SUMMONER SPELLS
- WHATEVER ELSE
- Questions and comments much appreciated
- Cass is excels at whittling down the enemy from a long range when needed and going head to head with almost any champ.
- can take a while to really master and get the combo's down etc.
- not very forgiving if you hit a target not poisoned with Twin Fang, very frustrating.
- has very few counters so once you learn her things should start to go well regularly.
- watch out when your against Galio
-If you are facing/ running away and go to cast a skill behind you it will have a bit of a delay since your champ has to turn around first in the direction.
-Its better to cast in-front of you at times when running because of this (think casting Miasma) and note the delay from casting in front of you vs behind.
- You don't need to keep this up all the time, or even most of the time.
- If your going to cast NB an Miasma in quick succession, try and cast NB first.
- You save mana casting this way, though it isnt much it can decide a fight.
- Has a short delay until the first tick takes effect.
- The .9 AP ratio means its usually better to get the dmg from your AP, rather then through lvling it up.
- Gives vision a little bigger then its radius for the duration + 2 or so seconds. (Vision area shrinks).
- Can be used to slow down the wave so they dont take tower hits (and you dont take dmg from holding them).
- Has a flight time and CD starts when it hits the target so its always going to be a bit longer then .5 sec
- This means the closer you are the faster you can get them off, since you cant cast again until it hits (+ the .5 sec).
- Has a slight delay but checks for the stun condition near the start of casting it.
- Skills make champions turn in the direction where there being cast so watch for this and it will give you some good opportunity for the stun.
- There are 2 viable paths. One focused on TF, one on NB, then one split.
- A lot of this is preference and a bit on who your against.
- (personal opinion) Early on the game isnt about team fights as much so i find TF better to focus.
NB > TF > TF > Miasma > TF > PG > TF > NB.......
NB > TF > NB > Miasma > NB > PG > NB > TF.......
NB > TF > NB > Miasma > TF > PG > NB or TF > the one not got >.......
- Focus on NB if you will need to play your lane safer.
- Perhaps if their jungler is around mid often trying to gank you or because of your opponent (if they have long range as well).
- Putting more points in NB means if it does turn to a fight you will have to wait for your dmg to kill them (usually a bad thing) and you will lose much more often.
- By doing so TF lacks severely as its AP ratio is .55 and each lvl of it is worth 80AP.
- Focus on TF in all other scenarios or if you feel comfortable doing so.
- Head to head Cass should come out on top when things get into a fight (if you focused on TF)
- Spellvamp works much better when you focus on TF and can really decide fights with an early Revolver.
- allows for faster skill activation by removing the need to click the mouse and just press the appropriate key.
- it may not seems like much time is saved but this is an absolute must for Twin Fang!
- to set this up just go into the options menu and go into Key-binding.
- you will have to scroll down a little bit until you see Smart cast spell 1 etc.
- make sure you dont mistake Self cast spell 1 etc above it.
- you can also do it like this, though i just have all 4 of my skills (including summoners) set to smart-cast. Its just the way i have done things for a long time.
Smartcast tip: Bind your ALT key from Self-Cast to Smart Self Cast (a relatively new option). You can still hold Alt and selfcast for when you play a healer or whatever as long as you aren't mousing over an ally.
However you can then use ALT key to toggle smartcast. Sure, I love smartcast on Cass's E, but not so much on W, and not on my Ult.
But even if I did, next match comes and I gotta REBIND the stupid keys again. Ugh.
With ALT on self-smartcast, I can hold alt and smartcast whenever I want for any champ without ever messing with keybinds.
Why alt? Shift is technically fine, but holding shift down is awkward. Whereas bending thumb to hold ALT down is easy and doesnt require me to move my fingers off of Q,W,E,R
What about Rod of Ages? Didnt see that covered and its my typical first item. If I am doing well, Ill grab catalyst on my first B. If not, Ill grab another Dorans or two.
The catalyst gives me sustain, health, mana, and Rod is excellent for toughening up.
The downside is that you will probably already take Rylais, so you really do wind up exceptionally tough at the cost of faster damage boosting which may be bad for a really long ranged champ.
But I always seem to get focused so I like the Rod.
You might wanna try Jungling with her too. It actually is quite entertaining because she clears really fast and has several advantages during ganking. Ranged autoattack and red buff application, movespeed buff on Q. AoE slow with miasma that REVEALS BUSHES where they always run off to, massive burst damage with Fang spam. Ability to engage from 850 range(!) Ult is pretty sweet on ganks too.
Standard 21offense, but take 9 defense (3 armor, 2 -dmg, 1 bladed armor, 3 magic resist). Make sure to take Armor yellows, but otherwise the same setup.
Cloth and 5 pots is necessary, start with Noxious Blast.
Start at blue, get help from team to beat up blue golem pretty significantly. Tell em not to just 1 hit and run, but to have 2 or 3 dudes all hit it. A clean blue buff is really helpful. Get miasma!
Then you can make a judgement call to go TOP or MID as your NB/miasma, or jungle more.
Go RIGHT UP TO WOLVES and drop NB/Miasma. DO NOT ENGAGE FROM RANGE! You wanna ensure wolves sit in the miasma and eat the 25 dmg/sec for the full 8 seconds. Damage saved from starting ranged pales in comparison.
Then wraiths, 2 golems(with a bit of kiting after miasma wears off), redbuff.
You should be at FULL HEALTH when you gank bottom.
Twin Fang question: I heard that you only vamp 1/3rd or so even from FANG though its not an AoE? Is that still the case? Is it a bug? It looked like I was spell vamping a pretty good chunk from fang, but its hard to compare my DOTs with the fangs insta-dmg.
I will add something on RoA, i did forget it and there is a point to be made for having some extra mana and not just m regen
I do jungle with her though i didn't feel i should add it since it gets to much hate from your team. (and someone trying it out is sure to get more hate.) As well there are simply better junglers. (Trundle my fav atm)
Here's a Cass question: what do you do in a mid match up vs. Orianna? I'm fairly new to trying Cass out, but it's usually worked pretty well in my favor, but one impressionable game I got DESTROYED by the robit. That ball just seemed perfect for zoning Cass out of even a sensible distance to harass her or even exchange.
© 2013 Riot Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Riot Games, League of Legends and PvP.net are trademarks, services marks, or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.