If anything, SK's game with Invictus showed why we need 4 bans each.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obversity

10-04-2012

What do you mean it wasn't great plays? IG coordinated their dives -so- well compared to what I'm used to seeing from NA teams.

I'm not sure I'd say it was a 'good game', since it was a stomp, but don't diminish their play. Picks are a big part of the game.

buttermilkpcakes

10-04-2012

the only thing i like about 8 bans total is that oddly enough, it allows for different champions to shine. The bad thing is, however, that you basically would never see someone like Froggen play Anivia, which is a shame because it's beautiful to watch.

Maybe they should just do 1st pick, THEN 3-4 bans each team, or coordinate bans to go in between picks so that champ select becomes even MORE about mindgames and set ups.

Example:
TSM bans Olaf, CLG bans Malphite
TSM first picks Kayle, CLG first picks Sivir
TSM bans Sona, thinking of possible 2v1 mid with Sivir Sona, CLG bans Karthus to ban out possible Karthus/Kayle combo
TSM picks Vlad and Corki, CLG picks Diana Graves
CLG bans Morgana(or possibly Kennen) to avoid the TSM aoe fest, TSM bans Orianna to avoid Diana Orianna wombo combo

even in this format, each team still bans 3, so you could possibly add 2 bans right in the middle to make it 4 each. This doesn't completely stop teams from banning out Froggenivia and Wickd Irelia every game but also lets teams counter strategies if they did their homework well enough

just a thought. Maybe make it tournament style only, let solo queue stay with 8 bans upfront (seeing as you can't really do targetted bans in solo queue unless you're stream sniping a pro at high elo) to ban out the OPs

67chrome

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynn51 View Post
The things you can do with a dumb team comp. It wasn't even great plays or a good game, it was just a CC-fest.
As the roster keeps expanding more bans could make sense, but even having 5 bans each wouldn't prevent compositions the community feels as "dumb".

I felt team heavy CC tank would win in champion selection though. Those teams were always the best ones I've had playing an ADC. The only champions taking harass won't die ever, and anything trying to dive you will get chain-CCed to oblivion, were you can pretty much stand still behind your front line and pew-pew-pew them to death. Against tanks/tanky derps it's really hard to punish them for being occasionally out of position, they can turret dive, and can turn loosing fights into winning ones with their CC.

Good Vi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttermilkpcakes View Post
the only thing i like about 8 bans total is that oddly enough, it allows for different champions to shine. The bad thing is, however, that you basically would never see someone like Froggen play Anivia, which is a shame because it's beautiful to watch.

Maybe they should just do 1st pick, THEN 3-4 bans each team, or coordinate bans to go in between picks so that champ select becomes even MORE about mindgames and set ups.

Example:
TSM bans Olaf, CLG bans Malphite
TSM first picks Kayle, CLG first picks Sivir
TSM bans Sona, thinking of possible 2v1 mid with Sivir Sona, CLG bans Karthus to ban out possible Karthus/Kayle combo
TSM picks Vlad and Corki, CLG picks Diana Graves
CLG bans Morgana(or possibly Kennen) to avoid the TSM aoe fest, TSM bans Orianna to avoid Diana Orianna wombo combo

even in this format, each team still bans 3, so you could possibly add 2 bans right in the middle to make it 4 each. This doesn't completely stop teams from banning out Froggenivia and Wickd Irelia every game but also lets teams counter strategies if they did their homework well enough

just a thought. Maybe make it tournament style only, let solo queue stay with 8 bans upfront (seeing as you can't really do targetted bans in solo queue unless you're stream sniping a pro at high elo) to ban out the OPs
I like this idea, though I have to say I'm a big proponent of DOTA's style of picking, where you ban, then you have some picks, then you finish your bans, then finish your picks. I think it is a really good system that adds alot of strategy to the picking process.