I am an admitted Rager and I need an intervention

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freudia

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHyeon View Post
So I just got off a 2 week ban, happy to be back.

However, I've played 4 games of ranked and I can't help but just want to smash my keyboard. I always run into these people that just activate my rage mode and it just goes to hell from there. Albeit I haven't cursed in them, so perhaps I'm learning little by little.

WHAT DOES ONE DO TO CONTROL THINE RAGE?
Here's your problem. People are generally more relaxed in normals.

Doctor Elo

10-04-2012

ROFL i remember you, we use to be friends till you raged and removed me..

true story.

Veuillez

10-04-2012

The less you rage, the better you do in general. I kid you not.

If someone talks trash in your game, make them feel bad about it. Don't get angry and retort with STFU or something, just say - Why are you trash talking? I never said anything to you. Just play, stop raging etc. along those lines. Do it in a non-provocative way, and you will find that not only do people rage at you less, but people in your games rage at each other less because you are the positive influence.

Probably Quinn

10-04-2012

/Kayle ults you

I am a rager too, when my AP Teemo kses all my kills as AD Ezreal and I end up doing horrible and he's entirely useless even fed, I just felt like screaming.

But I laughed.
/insertinsaneface

Jesus Jon

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccharina View Post
Let Jesus enter you heart then.
Oh lawd, save thine brethren from thast burning hatred.

BedderDanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post
That could explain why I'm overly annoyed recently.

There's literally no place I can get any undisturbed sleep.

The dog kennels are right outside my bedroom and those dogs won't shut the **** up for 5 minutes for me to pass out.

I've tried sleeping in the living room on the couch and in here in the computer room but the house dogs keep me up either way.

Prior to yesterday, I spent like 10 days at my friend's house grinding through BL2 on his PS3 with him. His cat kept knocking **** around the floor keeping me up while I was there.

It's like the universe wants me to be an ******* I guess.
Honestly? Pick up any of the following you may find necessary:

Ear Plugs

Sleep Mask

Nose Strips

Sleep Water

Melatonin

If any of these make a difference in your sleep habits, they may be worth it. I sleep better with the Mask and Nose Strips. But yeah, get more sleep, and see if that helps improve your quality of life.

Awaken Easley

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedderDanu View Post
Honestly? Pick up any of the following you may find necessary:

Ear Plugs

Sleep Mask

Nose Strips

Sleep Water

Melatonin

If any of these make a difference in your sleep habits, they may be worth it. I sleep better with the Mask and Nose Strips. But yeah, get more sleep, and see if that helps improve your quality of life.
I'll try the ear plugs.

I don't take unnecessary medicines because I can only picture getting 12 different types of cancer/heart problems when I do.

ParkHyeon

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuk§ng View Post
ROFL i remember you, we use to be friends till you raged and removed me..

true story.
Nah I removed you because you were a legit ******r. NT though.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Every time I get angry at someone, I just ask myself : Why would I let this ruin my experience?

Seriously, just stop for a moment and think : This is just a game. It doesn't mean anything more than what I want it to mean. When you rage, not only do you ruin the experience of others, but you allow your own uncontrolled emotions to ruin your experience.

The highest point of negativity I ever reach in game is being snide. There is something about people raging and *****ing and whining that just makes me want to point out (politely, yet very sarcasticly) how utterly stupid they are. I never act that way when playing with people who are either silent or positive, but ragers just bring the nasty out of me. That's my weakness of character and I know I need to work on that. For me, the best thing to do is just to not type anything. Maybe try this first? Sometimes I actually the opposite of being snide and just stand up for other players who are doing poorly. This is super hard for me, because more than likely I think what the rager says to my team mate who is not doing well, but it makes me a better person each time (what I mean is doing it kind of accustoms me to not only being nice, but also not being snide) and makes me avoid being mean and ruining my own experience.

TL;DR Don't type anything if you don't trust yourself. Try to remember losing doesn't actually matter And most importantly, if you can, try to cheer and help and counsel the team mates you would usually rage at. My best bet is it will calm you, make them feel better and maybe perform better AND slowly rid you of your habit to rage.

If I played with you, I'd probably hate you. But at least you are trying to change, so I can't dump on your efforts to change. Good luck

Trypsinogen

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalibyr View Post
Your arrogance. Two words. You think you're better than all your teammates, so you get mad. Have you ever did bad and had someone rage at you? Remember how you felt... and if you haven't then remember how bad you felt losing the game for your team.

Mature, and suck it up.
But what if you are better than your teammates most of the time?

Yeah I've played like **** and been called out on it AND I OWN UP TO IT AND I APOLOGIZE. I rarely see baddies owning up to their garbage playing though. They just want you to praise them and be okay with their being awful at the game or deny that they are bad.