I am an admitted Rager and I need an intervention

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smellis

10-04-2012

Suck it up and get a life. Simplest instructions for not raging over a game.

Jade Skull

10-04-2012

You just have manlier hormones, don't let the Betas tell you it's bad!

KhaorvaK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarRai View Post
Don't press enter.
At all.

It's possible to be super pissed without ever typing a word. ...It may not get him banned, but it's also absolutely no fun.

I'm not suggesting he DOES rage, mind you- I'm suggesting that avoidance is not the answer.

The best answer to your question, is try to help those teammates... put your frustration into something useful.

Do you have a younger sister? ...Or a younger brother, or someone you love who is younger than you, but probably much worse at league. Hell, maybe your grandmother.

Now imagine that player on the other side of the internet is that kid (or grandmother). ...In all seriousness, it's probably true. We envision the people we are playing with and against as variants of "us." ...We imagine they should know better, because they have gone through similar experiences.

...That Vayne might have been a child. And that child isn't going to get any better by getting screamed at (and you're not going to win anymore by smoking the virtual dope and pretending he's not a problem).

So tell the Vayne what they are doing wrong. go absolutely out of your way to be super cheesy nice about it.

"Vayne, please don't go into dangerous situations where you could end up in a 1v5 without everyone else, especially since they're fed [never "because you fed them, even if it's true]. I'm glad to see you're super excited about killing them, but let's try to stick together please Follow around Shen and we'll feed you some kills [whether you plan on letting her have the kills or not]. We can do this if we stick together! "

Sometimes, people will listen, and take the encouragement, and get better, and you can pull out a win. Sometimes you'll have to repeatedly give them advice before they start to listen. And sometimes they still won't listen, and you'll still lose.

But it's worth the effort, and the payoff when it DOES work is absolutely worth it, and you'll remember the game a lot longer than your average "roflstomp the enemy baddies" anyway.

The most enjoyable part of league is the comebacks, the really well fought games. Try to make those happen.

Awaken Easley

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalibyr View Post
Your arrogance. Two words. You think you're better than all your teammates, so you get mad. Have you ever did bad and had someone rage at you? Remember how you felt... and if you haven't then remember how bad you felt losing the game for your team.

Mature, and suck it up.
Got anything for when you actually ARE better than your team mates? ( Not implying this is always the case )
I'm pretty sure these are the games that really bust peoples' bubbles, including my own.

When you can pretty much hand-feed directions of what not to do and they do it anyway and exactly what you predicted would happen, happens...

What about times like those?

I'm going to lob your comment into the same mentality as the guy who started the "Doublelift needs to be ejected because of his attitude" thread where people choose to completely ignore whether or not how factual what's being said, is.

As arrogant as people can believe others to be for thinking themselves superior, it's also just as narrow-minded to believe those people are inferior simply because they have problems bottling their frustration.

So how do you cope with calling the right plays, doing the right things, and ultimately being completely disfigured by your own team mates in not just one game out of many, but time and time again?

At what point does the GD go from "you are supposed to do all the carrying" to "team game" to "your team mates are never at fault, it's entirely you?"

I'd really like to believe that good attitudes make the difference, but the more I read into what the GD has to offer in ways of advice, they become more and more empty because there is quite literally no consistency in anything that the mob preaches.

I have had nothing but problems remaining emotionally stable playing League of Legends. Every day I wake up with the best of intentions. A lot of games I'll go into them while joking around in champ select with my team mates, having laughs, etc... And by the time the game is over I just want to disembowel their parents for having given birth to them.

And it's not about 'having a bad game' when you've died 8+ times before laning phase has ended either. Everyone has a bad game occasionally, yes, but some people go above and beyond to completely DESTROY your chances of winning because they refuse to listen.

And I'd appreciate it if SOMEONE would actually acknowledge this situation for what it is, and not with some self-absorbed context that it's not.

Everyone's been in that situation, everyone knows it happens, so please just spare me the whole "you just blame your team for everything, blah blah blah" speech and give me some real advice.

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Are you getting enough sleep? that is a serious question, you may not even realize it but not getting enough sleep can affect you all day every day if it is habitual.

BedderDanu

10-04-2012

I have 2 brothers. they are both better than me at Soul Caliber. Under normal circumstances, I'm not an angry guy. But that game, boy it brought out my worst.

It got to the point where I refused to play with them. Playing and loosing, over and over and over, and getting that angry, was no fun at all. Especially since I was the Eldest Brother. So instead of playing, I sat out.

I didn't touch it again from around the release of II to the end of IV's life. I can now play it just fine. No other game causes me to rage.

Want to know how I got over it? I watched my brothers play. I'd suggest loading up a stream, and just watching other people play. It lets you internalize mistakes, either your own or other people's, in a low risk environment.

Basically, you acclimate yourself to the idea that "mistakes are forgivable". Analyze what the mistake was, why it was wrong, and what should have happened in that situation. Try to get better without touching the keyboard, so to speak.

When getting back into the game, play co-op vs AI. Expect mistakes to be made, and again, acclimate yourself to the idea that your allies will make them. Slowly work your way back into ranked.

Also, keep in mind that game theory says that team cohesion is as important as anything else in the game. Negatively acknowledging a mistake is as bad for your win chance as the mistake was in the first place. If you rage 6 times at someone who goes 1/6/2, you may as well add 6 deaths to your score as well.

I hope this helps.

BEST LULU KOREA

10-04-2012

Being consistent and knowing when to quit. Duo que is your best chances of winning games and the bad players are going to come, even at the 1800 bracket (cause everyone has bad games)

ADVICE:

Don't sweat it, be the team ***** and try and pick everyone up when they are down. No need to beat up on someone when they **** up themselves.

ParkHyeon

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te4rDr0p View Post
you are not going to be a pro so what is the point of raging? The point of you playing this game is just for fun, isn't it? so if you got pissed off and stressed out then quit it. You lost your point of playing the game.
I play this game for fun yeah, but I want to WIN. You can't win when you have your ADC face check the nearest brush in enemy jungle.

I'm competitive by nature. And to answer another question above, my sleep cycle is totally fuarked. Brb going to sleep at 3 am. <noted as well.

Xeviance

10-04-2012

Before you enter the game, tell them to all mute you.

Awaken Easley

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Headless VII View Post
Are you getting enough sleep? that is a serious question, you may not even realize it but not getting enough sleep can affect you all day every day if it is habitual.
That could explain why I'm overly annoyed recently.

There's literally no place I can get any undisturbed sleep.

The dog kennels are right outside my bedroom and those dogs won't shut the **** up for 5 minutes for me to pass out.

I've tried sleeping in the living room on the couch and in here in the computer room but the house dogs keep me up either way.

Prior to yesterday, I spent like 10 days at my friend's house grinding through BL2 on his PS3 with him. His cat kept knocking **** around the floor keeping me up while I was there.

It's like the universe wants me to be an ******* I guess.