Ignore Button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sbLroflwaffle

10-04-2012

Ignore should mean that I should NOT have to play with this person ever again. It is not difficult to filter this notion. If someone were to be ignored it is generally for spamming, ignorance, immature behavior, SUCKING BALLS or all of the above -- in which just like the report button should be utilized only when it is a necessity. Therefore, please make an option for the ignore button for people to permanently be banned from playing with you again.

K THANKS ME.

seafyr

10-11-2012

Agreed. I'm tired of being paired with people I've added to ignore. I add them for a reason, not just a whim.

ExaltedVanguard

10-11-2012

I would totally abuse this to never get paired again with trolls or people who just plain had a bad game.

But then the number of people who muted a person is no longer necessarily related to them being a toxic player. They just might not be playing as well as others. That makes this statistic useless as far as weeding out bad players goes.

Just a thought.

sbLroflwaffle

11-19-2012

bump

BigScary

11-21-2012

I agree for non-ranked games. But for ranked games, you shouldn't be able to influence the matchmaking, I can see where those who understand how the ignore impacts teammate selection would start using it to give them an advantage not related to actual in-game skill in the ladder process.

I'd like to add one idea to this - I think that chat ignores should be treated as a "minor report", so that if a player is getting ignored by a lot of different players, it should be investigated by the tribunal. It's great to have the ignore button for a quick solution in game, but muting someone means that the player is so offensive that you're willing to throw away even game-related communication to make him shut up, so that should be investigated if there appears to be a pattern.