How Does Yorick Counter Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

10-03-2012

First off, granted it's about 1100 ELO, so it may be the skill level, but from reading the boards here multiple people say Yorick is supposed to man handle Teemo, but so far I believe I've solo top vs. a Yorick about 3-4 times now and I have not lost yet. I'm not trying to brag I'm actually looking for a bit of discussion on the viability of characters who are supposed to be countered actually pushing around the people that counter them, if skill isn't the only gap between the two.

My last game I out CS'd Yorick fairly easily because I basically either completely ignored his ghouls or took them out with my high attack speed so fast that they didn't pose much threat. I got two nice ganks from our jungle Wu, but even prior to that I could free hit him and CS better.

I wonder if it's because I take Cloth + 5 pots and full Atk Spd runes, so I can tank a bit more and dish out lots of fast damage. Our initial fight was very, very close, it probably would have been a one for one if he had Exhaust or Ignite but he was running TP/Flash.

So, other than skill gap between players (I don't want to say players suck or whatever), are there viable ways that a character can beat their counter?

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Because a good Yorick should be harassing you back everytime you get close and he throws out more DPS then a Teemo can handle early, but that is only if he is smart enough to not let his opponent Teemo get free hits on him.

DarksideEric

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Because a good Yorick should be harassing you back everytime you get close and he throws out more DPS then a Teemo can handle early, but that is only if he is smart enough to not let his opponent Teemo get free hits on him.
He was harassing just as much as I was, as I said I believe our initial fight would have been a trade if he had exhaust or ignite instead of teleport.

Kevin Hart

10-04-2012

It doesn't matter, cause yorick beats every single other top, ever? Why should he be able to beat teemo as well, if your claim that teemo can beat yorick top is true?

Ghostoo666

10-04-2012

cause teemo can't necessarily blind yorick to block damage. his burst SHOULD be more than teemo's, and the fact that you're killing his ghouls only mean you're doing what 90% of people they get owned by yorick don't.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

because normally yorick can out harass teemo and in bad situations just heal back and do it again. though teemo has a surprisingly high early damage.