Is it just me or is the honor system making people not ******s?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oatsyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

GREETING SUMMONERS!JN!@JN!@#!@#!@?
So, I've played about 10 games since Riot introduced the honor system and ALL 10 of my games were full of friendly and respectful players. Which is crazy considering we're talking about LoL. I guess people want honor points for some reason. I can't really understand why though considering they bear no reward or benefit. So is it just me getting lucky with match making or is this new feature actually working to some extent?

Xenith88

10-03-2012

... sounds like you are a troll.

Happy Decoy

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdHatHD View Post
I guess people want honor points for some reason.
Riot has hinted at future rewards for high honor points. I'd imagine they're just waiting to see how people try to game the system so they can tweak the mechanics before they implement rewards.

Charles Locke

10-04-2012

Rewarding players for good behavior would be an excellent incentive for jolly cooperation!

Pretty much all of behavioral psychology shows that rewarding someone for the behavior you want to encourage, and simply not rewarding them when they fail to display it, is vastly more effective than punishing them for displaying a behavior you want to discourage. As a matter of fact, the best way to modify behaviors is to replace the unwanted habit with a mitigated or desired one.

TL;DR
Riot actually took a psych class and didn't fail it?

Axzarious

10-04-2012

What would be awesome is buying skins with honour points or something.

Shinmen Takezo

10-04-2012

Eh? I honestly don't try to change my behavior, I just be myself and people honor me regardless.
So far, I've only gotten good teammate honors and good opponent honors.
Even if they were rewards for getting honor points, i wouldn't want to change myself for that?
Imagine you meet someone and you are acting all nice and goody goody during the match and then after the game is over and people honor you then all of a sudden you become an ass. Sounds fun :P

Trollsgunnatroll

10-04-2012

I agree with Akune, Just be yourself and people will honor you because of that, and being a goody two shoes in games for honor then being an ass later is just stupid.

And also, please disregard my name xD

icanthear