Riot's approach to Canon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolfor

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Is your name Zilean because you are SPEEDING UP TIME! My first word on this topic was July 31st 2012. So start your clocks from then. Not saying that nothing was happening before that, but if you want to talk in terms of what I've been telling the community that's the official date. I'll see you July 31st 2013 and hey by all means, feel free to ask me for a one year update on that date.
Excuse me, Kitae, I don't like to be confrontational, and I know I'm quoting something that you said a week ago, but let me direct you to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRaven View Post
We should have a clearer picture of what will fill these Lore vacuums over the coming months and will keep you updated. Thank you for caring about the Lore behind League of Legends. We promise that what comes next will satisfy!
You can click the followthrough link to see the full post, but that was the important part. It was posted on the sixth of January this year.

When the person you were quoting was talking about what "you've been saying" I think it's pretty easy to assume that he's talking about what Riot as a whole has been saying rather than just you personally.

The bottom line is, whether it's been coming from you or other redposters (past and present), "we'll let you know soon" is something that lore fans have been hearing for a very, very, very long time, and it's just not an acceptable response anymore.

And as another poster in this thread already pointed out, there had been a lore blackout (no Journal of Justice issues) for several months already before that announcement by RiotRaven was made.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanhaven

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Is your name Zilean because you are SPEEDING UP TIME! My first word on this topic was July 31st 2012. So start your clocks from then. Not saying that nothing was happening before that, but if you want to talk in terms of what I've been telling the community that's the official date. I'll see you July 31st 2013 and hey by all means, feel free to ask me for a one year update on that date.
Wow, that was way ruder than I expected.