Soo...Uhh...Dragon Master Swain, Eh Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedRings

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
And for example, Trundle needs some base art done for a new skin as well. So many moving parts! You can't give me one counter example (especially when you don't know the details) and say "well, this entirely thing is a lie!" :P
The thing was, I was giving a single counter example on the sole fact of not that trundle needs updated artwork, but that adding any skin to him was not ever put through the works and he has been out for multiple years now.

The Guardian 009

10-06-2012

Quote:
3) Dragonmaster is pretty cool, but there's other low-played characters that need skins first.
So... can we get a 1350 Udyr skin? With fancy particles and stuff? I kinda like the better-than normal-less-than-legendary skins. And let's be honest- Udyr is begging for the Mekha'zix treatment.

Artania

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Because you're turning something (development prioritization) into some cause to feel slighted. Let's talk in factual terms;

1) We just made a great Swain skin - one as part of our "give some of our underserved champions an awesome skin" initiative. Swain, specifically, gets benefit out of a good lore skin and something not Legendary first (I think at least at the time, Dragon Master would have been).

2) Ziggs and Nautilus hadn't gotten skins yet, so those ideas line up with them getting a new skin.

3) Dragonmaster is pretty cool, but there's other low-played characters that need skins first. While I can't make promises for the skins team, it's something we'll definitely look at when Swain gets another skin.

Development is about prioritization, and while this skin might seem most important to you, it's not most important to League. There's especially a slew of characters who need skins badly and haven't gotten one in a long time, or ever. I'd imagine Swain will get a new skin again, but not right away.

Asking a question about it is a good way to have a discussion. I get that you don't understand the forces in play (as evident by your assumptions of why we're not making it) but acting victimized/marginalized when it's a simple misunderstanding is a bit much :P
As much as I love Dragonmaster Swain, I totally get what you're talking about here Morello. I mean when I first saw that it hit the threshold of it's going to be made eventually I figured that probably means at least 6 months until it's made, and then tyrant swain came out so I figured it got pushed back more. At this point I figure since as you said priorities are other champions(skins), we'd probably be looking at sometime next year.

So basically you're saying it's more of a when rather than an if for this skin, but you don't know when that will be as it is currently a lower priority.

Edit: This is also assuming that a more awesome idea for a Swain skin doesn't come up before the decision to make a skin for him I imagine.

bagmangood

10-06-2012

Quote:
And for example, Trundle needs some base art done for a new skin as well. So many moving parts! You can't give me one counter example (especially when you don't know the details) and say "well, this entirely thing is a lie!" :P
I submit cake.

dewdr0ps

10-06-2012

shyvana

DamionThrakos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

bump

Fateborn

11-05-2012

What about my Spider Queen Sejuani idea. /shakefist.

FridolinXVI

11-19-2012

Quote:
Because you're turning something (development prioritization) into some cause to feel slighted. Let's talk in factual terms;

1) We just made a great Swain skin - one as part of our "give some of our underserved champions an awesome skin" initiative. Swain, specifically, gets benefit out of a good lore skin and something not Legendary first (I think at least at the time, Dragon Master would have been).

2) Ziggs and Nautilus hadn't gotten skins yet, so those ideas line up with them getting a new skin.

3) Dragonmaster is pretty cool, but there's other low-played characters that need skins first. While I can't make promises for the skins team, it's something we'll definitely look at when Swain gets another skin.

Development is about prioritization, and while this skin might seem most important to you, it's not most important to League. There's especially a slew of characters who need skins badly and haven't gotten one in a long time, or ever. I'd imagine Swain will get a new skin again, but not right away.

Asking a question about it is a good way to have a discussion. I get that you don't understand the forces in play (as evident by your assumptions of why we're not making it) but acting victimized/marginalized when it's a simple misunderstanding is a bit much :P

I like the fact that champions like Lulu get a skin, a few months after release, morello talking about "prioritization"and I still see only 2 old Rumble skins in the shop. However, this Swain Skin idea is like more than 1 year old your "great" Swain skin came after. (it looks really good, but theres no concept)