Soo...Uhh...Dragon Master Swain, Eh Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morgra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckboss View Post
swain isnt that popular as a champ , the sales on tyrant swain were prob high but i dont think players would be likely to buy another swain skin,
As a Swain main, I want this skin, badly. Galio got a Legendary skin and how often is he played?

Anyways, here's my bump for this post, will go bump the official thread in a second.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

dum de dooo

Ask the Monkey

10-05-2012

And how do you know they aren't already working on it?
Remember Pool Party Ziggs and Astronautilus? They hit us out of the blue.
Yes, they were suggested much later than DM Swain, but, maybe he's getting the PF treatment. They added stuff to him and now they just keep adding and adding...

Gaelion

10-05-2012

DRAGOn MaSTER SWAIN WHERe?

Aasterinian

10-05-2012

bump, i don't yet have swain, but this is just an amazing concept.

iSpiderMan

10-06-2012

I think this will beat my favorite skin . . .Dragon hunter vayne. Its just that awesome!

iTaker

10-06-2012

The only logical reason i could come up with, which isn't even really an excuse, would be that swain is more of a bird transformation and the whole "he's a dragon now" thing would mess with that.

That's all i can think of though, otherwise MAKE THE F***ING SKIN RIOT.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-06-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonir View Post
Lets just keep some things in mind then shall we?

Firstly:

They have given no indication as to what they plan to do, they have refused to say anything in the thread for months. If they were making it, they're say something, or like, drop some SERIOUS HINTS like they did with ALL THE OTHER THREADS.

Secondly:

They have since made pool party Ziggs and Astronautilus.

Two skin ideas that came out AFTER Dragon Master Swain. Looooooong after.
Because you're turning something (development prioritization) into some cause to feel slighted. Let's talk in factual terms;

1) We just made a great Swain skin - one as part of our "give some of our underserved champions an awesome skin" initiative. Swain, specifically, gets benefit out of a good lore skin and something not Legendary first (I think at least at the time, Dragon Master would have been).

2) Ziggs and Nautilus hadn't gotten skins yet, so those ideas line up with them getting a new skin.

3) Dragonmaster is pretty cool, but there's other low-played characters that need skins first. While I can't make promises for the skins team, it's something we'll definitely look at when Swain gets another skin.

Development is about prioritization, and while this skin might seem most important to you, it's not most important to League. There's especially a slew of characters who need skins badly and haven't gotten one in a long time, or ever. I'd imagine Swain will get a new skin again, but not right away.

Asking a question about it is a good way to have a discussion. I get that you don't understand the forces in play (as evident by your assumptions of why we're not making it) but acting victimized/marginalized when it's a simple misunderstanding is a bit much :P

RedRings

10-06-2012

Quote:
1) We just made a great Swain skin - one as part of our "give some of our underserved champions an awesome skin" initiative. Swain, specifically, gets benefit out of a good lore skin and something not Legendary first (I think at least at the time, Dragon Master would have been).
-Not to sound harsh, but has Riot had any salvaging of its' lore department?

Quote:
3) Dragonmaster is pretty cool, but there's other low-played characters that need skins first.
-trundle

but in all seriousness, please don't include annie or teemo in any of these future skins for some time.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-06-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRingz View Post
low played characters that need skins first

brb new annie/ teemo skin

-Not to sound harsh, but has Riot had any salvaging of its' lore department?

-trundle
And for example, Trundle needs some base art done for a new skin as well. So many moving parts! You can't give me one counter example (especially when you don't know the details) and say "well, this entirely thing is a lie!" :P