New Honor System - Easily Abusable

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Sproutling

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiGarKing View Post
Question, I mainly only play with friends in normal and they are pretty upstanding people. Should I not be giving them honor each game even though they still exhibit the traits that someone who would be deserving of honor?
I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to do it when they deserve it, but I'm just saying it's easily abusable for people who don't. All I suggested was there should be a cap placed to avoid it.

OldTomJefferson

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
With this in mind, Honor from friends will still count. But receiving honor from strangers is weighted stronger. Also keep in mind that even if you usually run pre-mades with friends you still have the opportunity to earn Honor from strangers for being an "Honorable Opponent".
In what way is it weighted stronger? Where are these mythical "weights" and why does it matter if you don't get anything from this outside of a pat on the back?

A Sproutling

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post

With this in mind, Honor from friends will still count. But receiving honor from strangers is weighted stronger. Also keep in mind that even if you usually run pre-mades with friends you still have the opportunity to earn Honor from strangers for being an "Honorable Opponent".
So are you saying, something along the lines of, if someone gives you a thumbs up, who does it repeatedly, perhaps the number goes up by + .5 as opposed to a stranger who's thumbs up would give you + 1? I'm just trying to understand.

Magickz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

This game sucks why bother?