M5 In the world Champs or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarknessPlaya

10-04-2012

Hey guys, just wondering was looking at the brackets for the world champ and I can't seem to find m5? Are they making an appearance at world champs and if so could anyone show me on the roster when they are playing, Or are they playing under a different name?

Bierpens

10-04-2012

Yeah, curious to that too.

Overkill4000

10-04-2012

M5 as EU regional winner gets a bye past the group stage as are WE, TSM and Taipen Assassins. Only the 2nd and 3rd regional placings have to play the group stage. You can read more about the format here http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...ionship-format

M5, TSM, WE and TA will play in the elimination stage against the four teams that come out of the group stage.

War4Ever

10-04-2012

What I want to know is why korea is the only area that didn't get their top team have a bye.

Apollinarius

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by War4Ever View Post
What I want to know is why korea is the only area that didn't get their top team have a bye.
They lost a draw :P

World Elite, Azubu Frost and Taipei Assassins had to draw straws for who will have to do group stage (because 5 regions and only 4 byes). NA and EU had 3 teams in finals and they didn't want teams from the same region facing each other in the group stage so M5 and TSM were safe.

Azubu Frost lost the draw and ended up having to do group stage.

Apollinarius

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessPlaya View Post
Hey guys, just wondering was looking at the brackets for the world champ and I can't seem to find m5? Are they making an appearance at world champs and if so could anyone show me on the roster when they are playing, Or are they playing under a different name?
Right now they are hiding behind "Regional Bye" in the brackets

Once the group stage is over, they will reveal which Bye is which team. They don't want to do it before the group stage because they want to avoid the Olympics Badminton debacle with teams trying to lose so they don't face a specific team when they leave the group stage.