Jungling, Does every Jungler need a leash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7oshgamer

10-04-2012

I just feel that sometimes people just dont want to leash for junglers, so to stop bugging them for a leash, I just want to know is it possible to get the Blue Buff without the leash? (Unless its Dr Mundo)

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

The only guy that doesn't want leash is Shaco (will mess up the aggro) Other than him, everyone is pleases with leash (even Mundo)

7oshgamer

10-04-2012

Oh yeah, Shaco doesnt need a leash, but i didnt even know mundo needed a leash. Haha thx for that infomation

Taoquitok

10-04-2012

The question isn't whether the jungler NEEDS a leash (though some of the odder junglers do), it's whether or not you want a level 2/4 gank.

Hard leashing blue means that the jungler takes little to no damage and so is free to be more aggressive early on.

Amoc

10-04-2012

If Maokai isn't starting at wraiths or wolves, he doesn't need a leash for blue. You just set up a couple saplings and BOOM as soon as 1:55 hits. Regardless though, you pretty much always want people there to help leash and protect the buff in case of invade.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

When I play mundo, I always request a hard leash on blue so i can go steal their red with smite, because mundo is so fast he can do this every time and kill their jungler/send him back to base before level 3.

If my team doesn't hard leash they are just causing our team to fall behind because I can get the red every time and get a kill 50% of the time.

Ruddymurderer

10-04-2012

Many junglers do not NEED a leash, but it still helps. The only junglers I can think of that can have no leash and not be affected adversely would be Shaco as previously mentioned and Nunu.

Ornan

10-04-2012

Leashing is the smartest choice, being this is a team game you want to help your team excel. You don't NEED to throw in a Q, just an auto attack will do.

kavinh the third

10-06-2012

if u don't leash ur basically telling your jungler, f it and making them waste an extra hp potion at the very least worth of healing.

BEERS FOR FEARS

10-06-2012

In short, yes. Even if you can solo it.

The point of a leash is to ensure you aren't burning your health pots by your next camp, It makes jungling so much faster. As well, it also helps just in case the enemy team decides to gank you. If your team says too bad or that you're a "bad jungler" because you want to make sure you don't die, don't listen to them; you need the leash.