Most powerful champion according to LORE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

I'd actually say unchained Xerath is the most powerful, but since he's in his prison, he's severely limited.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoove View Post
Can we please stop interpreting champion's ability names as to what they really are?
Nunu does not, despite popular belief, reduce the heat around him to -273 degrees Celsius.
And Renekton doesn't knock dominoes over when he uses his ult.
Viegar does not literally summon black holes and what not. He is a dark mage. He uses dark magic.
His abilities are spells just like Ryze's or Syndra's (maybe weaker), only with fancy-er names.
Dominus is an actual word in Latin meaning master/owner and has nothing to do with dominoes.
and personaly i think vieg has really high potential for his magic. but sadly being a broken yordle he screws up too much. but if he got his act together he would be a VERY terrifying creature.

Solzan Nemesis

01-05-2013

Fiddlesticks. He is an all powerful evil trapped in a scarecrow. If he got lose who knows what would happen.

Kai2max

01-06-2013

I've not read through the entire thread, but I'm surprised that in what I have read, that I did not see Syndra. She was powerful enough to tear a temple from its foundations, and I think that it may be assumable that she wasn't even at her full power then, as I believe that if she trained more with her unrestricted power, she could reach massive levels of power. Or am I the only one who believes that?

Kuatsu742

01-06-2013

Okay, I gotta say, the scariest champion for me is nocturne. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. But id say the most powerful is brand. He simply cannot be destroyed, only contained. Eventually he will set fire to the whole world and basically destroy everything. Fire and ashes is all that would be left. Xeraths ritual left ruins. Im not entirely sure what karthus would do with his world ending song though that is honestly pretty scary as well. The void creatures could probably consume all life. But I think brand would be the only one to literally disintegrate all of runeterra to ash

All Hail Swain

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordosan View Post
Dominus is an actual word in Latin meaning master/owner and has nothing to do with dominoes.
and personaly i think vieg has really high potential for his magic. but sadly being a broken yordle he screws up too much. but if he got his act together he would be a VERY terrifying creature.
Terrifying, yes.
But he does not literally summon a black hole with his E, so you can get caught by it's Event Horizon. I was implying that if an ability has a cool name, it doesn't mean that it's name 100% defines what the ability actually does.
Viegar utilizes insane, nearly unbeatable, dark magic, but he does not bend the forces of the cosmos to his will, is what I'm trying to say.
I was just jesting with Rene, btw.

Sullybhai

01-06-2013

I'm gonna put my money on Xerath, hear me out people. Keep in mind that the ritual Xerath performed did not destroy his civilization, just caused a massive amount of destruction. And afterwards the remaining mages of Shurima managed to shackle him.

The lore states that he is effectively immortal, and his current power is greatly limited by the remains of the sarcophagus. In game we see Xerath's death animation as him exploding into the shards of the coffin. This implies that while he cannot die, in his current state he can be made to lose focus and be sucked back into the shards that confine him. I remember reading the journal of Justice right before the Xerath reveal, it said that researchers at the League detected a massive power spike from the Shurima desert, but that when their expedition got there, all they found was a bunch of exploded pyramids. Think about how far Shurima is from Summoner's Rift. And that was basically him waking up from a nap.

We've all heard the arguments about what might happen if those shards did not exist but one might make that same argument for Mordekaiser. No, what makes Xerath truly powerful is that he can absorb the very power of Runeterra itself. It states in his lore that he can absorb the power of all the Nexuses in the place. We know that Gragas became as powerful as he did from just living in close proximity to one of these places, what do you think will happen when Xerath drains it?

SUPERSEYMOUR

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preebitz View Post
Okay, so assuming we take off all restrictions placed on champions within the league.

ACTUAL GOD TIER
- Renekton
- Nasus
- Brand

VOID TERROR TIER
- Cho'Gath

VALORAN'S BEST FIGHTERS
- Yi
- Jax

SHADOW ISLES DEMIGODS
- Hecarim
- Mordekaiser (implied, though not in his new lore)

These are the champions, who if unrestricted, would be the strongest of the league combatants.

where xerath to be unrestricted, i dont think anything could beat him. he is power given thought, and im sure he was amazed that the ascension ritual actually worked and 10 seconds later all of shumira was on top of him.This is the entry in the JoJ about him
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/story/...ptember-21-cle

wolfuvdeath

01-07-2013

As much as I hate to admit it, Annie is a match for any champion in the league at the age of about four or five. She is probably the strongest champion, or will be once she becomes an adult.

deathkillez

01-07-2013

What about Nasus? His powers are unlimited. Longer it takes the harder he will hit