AD carry Kennen vs. AP Mage Kennen (which is easier)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeXiiS

10-04-2012

if you are not good at landing skill-shots like u mentioned. just stick to playing him as an AD. That way your dmg will come from your auto-attacks and you wont lose dps if you happen to miss a Q.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Ok, so maybe Im a bit bitter. His nerfs were a 25 reduction in range down to 550. I guess Corki's range was already kind of bad, and Graves range got hit too.
He also got 1 second added to his shurikan cooldowns.

You basically have to consider Kennen to be like an Ashe... no steroid and all utility.

As far as how to use him, you have 2 options:

More offensive is to max electrical surge. Every 5 attacks he adds a decent chunk of his AD (80% @rank5) to his next attack and adds a zap counter. He immediately can Zap em for 185 magical dmg with a cooldown of 6 which is pretty strong!
This is the best approach if you can land autoattacks without getting bent over (like by an enemy Ashe who permaslows you, or risk getting grabbed by blitz, etc). Or if you have a more offensive support such as your own Blitz or a Taric/Alistar. This gives you the best burst damage.

Defensively, you can max shurikans which will simply let you toss more of them and do more damage with them. This is good as it takes a lot less of your attention to do so and with no mana issues you can spam all friggin day causing them to miss Creeps and eat some damage, with zero risk to yourself.
Particularly good if you have a poker like a Lulu or Soroka.

Mirrimax

05-11-2013

why would any one wanna waste a character playing them as something other than what he was designed for? you shouldn't play this game if that is what you choose to do. AD kennen is stupid him as ap is SO MUCH stonger its redic.

Pigwidgeon

Recruiter

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrimax View Post
why would any one wanna waste a character playing them as something other than what he was designed for? you shouldn't play this game if that is what you choose to do. AD kennen is stupid him as ap is SO MUCH stonger its redic.

Thank you for reviving a thread that's over half a year old.......

Hybrid Kennen >>>
My personal opinion.

Narei

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrimax View Post
At the time this thread was around, AD Kennen was actually pretty good. Niche, but powerful in the right team comp.

Reviving the discussion now is fairly moot because his passive on W got nerfed. It does still work, but it's not amazingly effective anymore.

Dpaladinx

05-11-2013

Good job necoring my thread.

Anyways, it's my personal gameplay style to play as AD Kennen and it's my right to do that. There isn't a right or wrong way to play Kennen.