Is trinity force + Guardian Angel a good build for bruisers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Mchugelarge

10-05-2012

I've been testing this build damage and defense with bots, but I'm not sure if it's good enough for rank(or even normals?). I guess it's a very expensive build, but it gives a bruisers all the stats they need (hp, attack, and on hit bonus) and small extra life. After both of those items, you build according to how the game goes, but I figure the game will be over by now?

So what do you guys think? Or would an Aegis be better than a GA?

sonofzeal

10-05-2012

Well, I'm hardly pro, but.....

With TF, a lot of what you're paying for is going into utility - movespeed, slows-on-attack, and an upgraded Sheen proc. Overall, TF works best on champions who use skills for damage but also like to autoattack, and who have a spammable skill to get those procs off quickly. For instance, Urgot likes it because he can proc all over the place with his Q. By contrast I wouldn't put it on Warwick, since his cooldowns are too high. All bruisers benefit from TF, but many have other things they might like more - Urgot, for instance, generally prefers Manamune, Brutalizer, and probably a tanky item of some kind before he'd even start looking at TF.

GA... gives armor and MR, which is an awesome combination, and the unique passive is good too. The only caveat here is that simply staying alive doesn't matter much unless you can do stuff, so make sure you've got a viable offence before investing too heavily in defensive items. It's good, but it's usually a 3rd or 4th purchase rather than a 1st or 2nd.

Valrcrist

10-05-2012

It depends on the bruiser. Trinity -> GA is very good on both Jax and Irelia imo, or any bruiser that has good sustained damage and a movement ability (like both Jax and Irelia have). They both have gap closers, so they want to dive headlong onto the enemy ADC/APC and try to burst them down asap. GA is good early because if you can get it early enough, the MR/armor it provides along with natural bruiser beefiness and the extra hp from trinity force makes you surprisingly tanky. If you have GA though, you have to PLAY like you have it. What I mean by this is that you should play recklessly to try to assassinate squishies AND draw the opponent's fire onto yourself. If you can kill/get out good damage on the enemy squishy, and make the enemy burn cooldowns on you to kill you, that puts your team way in the advantage, because they'll be able to follow up with all of their cooldowns. GA just makes this even better, because you can do all of that AND then get back up again and keep fighting.

Amatzikahni

10-05-2012

If I don't have any more pressing item rushes, I always get Aegis as a first completion on tanky junglers and supports. Usually we have both, so the top laner doesn't need to triple up. However, some comps have a semi-carry in the jungle and a tankier champ top, so as the bruiser in those cases it would be best to grab Aegis right before you start grouping up; it doesn't help you as much as Wriggle's or TriForce can in lane but it does a lot more than them in teamfights (as a cumulative effect to your team).