What is the current meta in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I've been playing Dominion more than Summoner's Rift since it came out, but I'm not sure what I would classify as the current meta.

I don't want to be a meta sheep, but what is the consensus on what is popular and strong now?

I know the game and how to play it, but aside from seeing some tanky-dps stacking teams occasionally I don't detect much of a trend.

I probably need to improve my matchmaking score/ play Draft more often.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-12-2012

Low elo > AD carries
Mid elo > OP champs
High elo > Pooters.

ok, so I made the last one up >_>

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I'm a bit deviant in how I play Dominion- in my opinion, it has more build variety than SR.

So I may not be as connected to certain trends.

FDru

10-12-2012

As usual, there is no meta. You're going to have one person bot, and if you're smart you'll have someone that does the opposite damage type as your bot laner to gank regularly. Really it's like the whole game revolves around bot lane because it's the only static element.

Galgus

10-12-2012

I hear things about some champion or another being overpowered, so I want to know what people are talking about.

Most of my games don't seem to follow a meta other than the basics you explained.

PyGoN

10-12-2012

current dom meta?

step one: Pick Jayce
step two: Ball your left hand into a fist
step three: Thor Smash the upper left area of your keyboard (default key bindings) with balled left fist
step four: Win

Aparkhurst

10-12-2012

Pick any non-zero amount of assassins and flowchart bot.

Galgus

10-12-2012

Jayce doesn't seem that dominant to me- how is he powerful in Dominion?

I understand that his poke is strong, but he doesn't seem to outperform dedicated fighters in the melee arena while being manageable while ranged.

I'd like to see Ranked Dominion happen so my elo in trying free weak champions and experimenting isn't muddling my serious, what-I-know-works games.

PyGoN

10-12-2012

1: gate
2:shoot through
3:w atk speed skill thing
4:r to hammer
5: TO THE SKYS!!!!!!!
6:w aoe
7:E knock back to tower
8:win

FOODFOOD

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Jayce doesn't seem that dominant to me- how is he powerful in Dominion?

I understand that his poke is strong, but he doesn't seem to outperform dedicated fighters in the melee arena while being manageable while ranged.

I'd like to see Ranked Dominion happen so my elo in trying free weak champions and experimenting isn't muddling my serious, what-I-know-works games.
-Essentially no mana costs on 8 abilities.
-Incredible utility
-Engage with a slow
-Incredible disengage
-Scales insanely well into all stages of the game.
-Deals multiple types of damage.
-The above makes it difficult to itemize against him.

He's just insanely strong. Particularly bot lane. Riot really screwed up with his design.

Also, if you want to figure out what the meta is, play it - don't ask us. The best thing we could tell you to do is check out Sauron's guide, because that is probably the most thorough explanation of the current meta-game. There's no better way to discover than to play it yourself.